• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Viridian Plague OOC 2, orphaned by Keia

unleashed

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
Boring old Trayah...with a Legendary Spirit pact?
A few new domain options and a spirit he won't be able to channel for very long... they're not exactly a big change of direction for the character, are they. ;) :p

Rystil Arden

First Post
unleashed said:
A few new domain options and a spirit he won't be able to channel for very long... they're not exactly a big change of direction for the character, are they. ;) :p
Bah, how very ingrateful :p But you're right about Channeling duration--I suggest the Legendary Domain, which will allow him to channel her for 1 round / level. Otherwise, it only lasts 1 round.

unleashed

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
Bah, how very ingrateful :p But you're right about Channeling duration--I suggest the Legendary Domain, which will allow him to channel her for 1 round / level. Otherwise, it only lasts 1 round.
Yes, well while the idea of a pact with a Legendary spirit is intriguing, it's kind of spoiled by the fact I'm somewhat disillusioned with the character Trayah has turned out to be overall. It's probably my fault, as I built him entirely as a support character with little or no ability to fight, and that's turned out to be a very poor choice with the type of encounters we've faced (where pretty much everything can avoid the main combatants and jump him at will).

Yeah, I'd already worked out taking the Legendary domain was kind of a necessity for channeling Arylyra... which means he really only gets one domain power from her, if he wants to be able to use ALL her abilities to best effect. Talk about giving with one hand and taking with the other. ;)

Rystil Arden

First Post
unleashed said:
Yes, well while the idea of a pact with a Legendary spirit is intriguing, it's kind of spoiled by the fact I'm somewhat disillusioned with the character Trayah has turned out to be overall. It's probably my fault, as I built him entirely as a support character with little or no ability to fight, and that's turned out to be a very poor choice with the type of encounters we've faced (where pretty much everything can avoid the main combatants and jump him at will).

Yeah, I'd already worked out taking the Legendary domain was kind of a necessity for channeling Arylyra... which means he really only gets one domain power from her, if he wants to be able to use ALL her abilities to best effect. Talk about giving with one hand and taking with the other. ;)
I'd say that the ability to avoid the main combatants and attack people in the back is a hallmark of every monster in the monster manual except the Shrieker fungus with its Dex -- ;)

Remove ads