• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Viridian Plague OOC 2, orphaned by Keia

unleashed

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
I'd say that the ability to avoid the main combatants and attack people in the back is a hallmark of every monster in the monster manual except the Shrieker fungus with its Dex -- ;)
Yes, though that's often constrained by the terrain... sadly for us though, there's no such problem for the creatures in this adventure. :p

Rystil Arden

First Post
unleashed said:
Yes, though that's often constrained by the terrain... sadly for us though, there's no such problem for the creatures in this adventure. :p
I don't know...I've rarely played in games where there were any such constraints except in very narrow dungeon hallways--particularly not in forested outdoor settings.

Anyway, don't be a sour grapes--if you preferred to have seven of your Shaman levels taken away and replaced with, say, Wild Mage or something that you could have taken in the first place, I wouldn't know what to think...You could also kill yourself and get brought back from the dead? You could have Arylyra tell you that she's not giving you anything but that maybe you'll find it if you keep going? Who got something 'better'? Sheesh :confused:

unleashed

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
I don't know...I've rarely played in games where there were any such constraints except in very narrow dungeon hallways--particularly not in forested outdoor settings.
True enough in an outdoor setting, but then I was just poking a little fun at that reply... though a few less surprise attacks would be nice, but I guess that's the nature of the terrain we find ourselves in. :lol:

Rystil Arden said:
Anyway, don't be a sour grapes--if you preferred to have seven of your Shaman levels taken away and replaced with, say, Wild Mage or something that you could have taken in the first place, I wouldn't know what to think...You could also kill yourself and get brought back from the dead? You could have Arylyra tell you that she's not giving you anything but that maybe you'll find it if you keep going? Who got something 'better'? Sheesh :confused:
Who's doing the sour grapes thing? I'm happy with what Trayah's received thus far, though a little less time unconscious would have been nice. :lol:

Believe me, I'm confused myself as to exactly why I'm not enjoying playing him as I once did, as I liked where he was going right at the start. :eek: :confused: :\

Bront

The man with the probe
I think part of the problem was, other than Slagg, the lack of a real front line Melee fighter. M'ress isn't quite the power fighter Slagg is, and that hurts for field control. Whinoah is all range, which doesn't help either. And invisable Obscurity doesn't help either.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
I think part of the problem was, other than Slagg, the lack of a real front line Melee fighter. M'ress isn't quite the power fighter Slagg is, and that hurts for field control. Whinoah is all range, which doesn't help either. And invisable Obscurity doesn't help either.
That's true--your offensive line is more of a house of cards :lol:

unleashed

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
True that...hmm, your blitzkrieg tactic worked against the King of Winter though--attack really fast and then hope you don't all die before the bad guy does :lol:
Yeah, it seems to work okay against a single target, but when we get jumped by a number of attackers we drop quickly. :eek:

Bront

The man with the probe
unleashed said:
Yeah, it seems to work okay against a single target, but when we get jumped by a number of attackers we drop quickly. :eek:
At one point Whinoah had her dex up to 34 in her trial... that seemed to help make her nearly unhittable, and able to use Multi-shot fairly effectively.

Rystil Arden

First Post
unleashed said:
Which is fascinating, really--most groups of four do well against large mobs of wimpy enemies vis-a-vis one really really hard guy.

Remove ads