• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

W1: Blacklily Violence (Completed!) [Rae Judging]

Rathan

First Post
OOC: more than likely... otherwise we followed the all-mighty purple hand of the DM as he skipped merrily toward the docks.... either way.... we've been railroaded... which is a GOOD thing this time as I sat for a while last night wondering how the HECK we were gonna find you if two parties were to be the case LOL

Trouvere

Explorer
Wik said:
Meanwhile, as Solange takes her seat at the table, Cassus greets her warmly, even going so far as to lightly kiss her on her hand. "Yes, I think we have a good group here so far... although I should inform you that I have a few more souls that I have already hired to assist you in your search. They should catch up with you promptly. Hopefully you'll be able to find the necklace soon, before it is sold to some miscreant."
Conuld recalls Cassus Arimae telling them to expect help, but neglecting to provide any hint from whom.
covaithe said:
"I see no Blacklily signs on them. Do you suppose we might ask them if they've seen anything suspicious? Although... the dwarf does look rather disreputable..."
Conuld whispers to Tommy "Arihyragsunathaer bensvelk sthyr, shar yrev sauriv turalisj munthrek! Vur, axun, tundar nursjach" [sblock=Draconic]"Clerics of Hyrag are worthy men, but that tall human has yellow eyes! And, yes, that dwarf is scruffy."[/sblock]

Trouvere

Explorer
"Ach, yth pok vaeri, Atomerasu, shar othokent." Switching to Common, Conuld cautiously greets Rathan. "So," he says, "were you, as we, hired by Tollen Arimae?"
[sblock=Draconic]"Oh, let's stop dancing, Tommy, but stay smart."[/sblock]

Rathan

First Post
OOC: did you use the wrong name on purpose?... as I though Cassus Arimae was the one who told you we would be helping... or is this a plan to find out our intentsions?.... either way... I only ask to make sure my backreading of the thread so far is accurate..... I don't want to say something and have misread it only to get myself an my companions killed heh

" I do beleive you are mistaken my friend... I do beleive it was Cassus Arimae who told us we would be meeting you somewhere nearby to help with your mission.... in any case... yes we are here to lend our hands to make light work of this situation... what can you tell me so far?.. has any new information been gathered that may help us?" the kindly priest utters softly not wanting everyone to hear him who knows who's prying ears were listening...

Trouvere

Explorer
Rathan said:
" I do beleive you are mistaken my friend... I do beleive it was Cassus Arimae who told us we would be meeting you somewhere nearby to help with your mission.... in any case... yes we are here to lend our hands to make light work of this situation... what can you tell me so far?.. has any new information been gathered that may help us?" the kindly priest utters softly not wanting everyone to hear him who knows who's prying ears were listening...
Conuld relaxes. "I believe we have found Cassus Arimae's hirelings - or you have found us. Forgive my small test of your good intentions. A few minutes ago, we were spied upon by a man we believe to be a member of the gang responsible for the theft of the Arimae necklace. I am Conuld, a practitioner of the arcane arts."
[sblock=OOC]Yeah, Tollen was Cassus's grandfather...although come to think of it, he's dead[/sblock]

Last edited:

Phoenix8008

First Post
"Hmmm...", Saithnar mutters after holding his tounge silent for so long. "Yes Rathan, these are the other investigators Cassus sent us to meet as you have already surmised. Greetings to you all. I am Saithnar, a Psion specializing in telepathy. Perhaps my skills at ...persuasion... will come in as handy on our current quest as they did on our previous mission." Saithnar finishes with a twinkle in his golden eyes as he gestures towards Cludge and Rathan including them in the 'our previous mission' statement. He leans on his quarterstaff as they speak, waiting to see what the newly enlarged group decides to do next.

OOC: Sorry I'm so late. Almost had time to post last night, but didn't expect this thread to advance so quickly!

Last edited:

Solange

First Post
"Hello, I'm Solange," says the shepherd, as she leans on her crook. "Blessed be that y'all found us safely. The Shepherd smiles on you. It's might dangerous 'round these parts, with the Blacklilly's, and the beady eyed monsters."

Wik

First Post
OOC: Glad to see we have a full group! Nice to see Cludge, Rathan, and Saithnar. That brings us up to seven, which should make things... fun!

The party exchanges pleasantries and then finds themselves in the southern harbour. Many of you know that the southern harbour is a bit safer (due to the attentions of the merchant's guild and the proximity of the merchant's avenue) than the northern harbour. Many of the taverns that line the street, while more rough-and-tumble than taverns elsewhere in Orussus, still cater to mostly legitimate clientele.

The sun is already half-swallowed by the horizon, and much of the sky is already being extinguished from a fiery orange to a cold charcoal. Sailors quickly hurry at whatever ship-board tasks they have been assigned, doing whatever they can to finish the deed so they can get to whatever revelries they have planned.

What is the group's plan of attack?

Trouvere

Explorer
"We know we are looking for the Blackilies' female leader, and for her second-in-command, the man with the pointed hat, but we do not know where to find them," says Conuld. "I believe the follower of Zephos had the right idea," he continues, inclining his head towards the shepherd-cleric Solange. "Let us attempt to lay our hands on a Blacklily. Then perhaps our mindspy here - " indicating Saithnar, perhaps with some unease - "can convince him to talk. The old instrument seller in Merchant's Avenue told us that some less prosperous traders in the dock district buy stolen goods from a Blacklily by the name of Bannon or Vannon - he was not quite certain - at night, so we know where one is likely to be found. Alternatively, we can take a less direct approach, and attempt to discover more from the patrons of these drinking establishments. Perhaps our... less polished looking members would be of use here?" Conuld mentions no names, but his eyes rest on Pendrake and Cludge. He raises one eyebrow. "You can meet the strangest sorts of people in taverns, or so I have learned."

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Pendrake grins sheepishly and says, "Ja, strench persons indeet." he looks to the dwarf and adds, "Come! we go!"

Remove ads