• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

W1: Blacklily Violence (Completed!) [Rae Judging]

AGFlynn

First Post
Cludge Slatefist

Cludge scratches his dusty, spiky-haired head. Wall, boys, what ya need ta do is point out one a them Blacklilly rubes ta me and I'll grab 'im. Want me ta yell around and see if they'll come out ta play? He takes a deep breath and the bindings of his chain mail creak ominously. Then he seems to reconsider. Or perhaps we oughta be sneaky? I'm not much practised at that, let me tell ya.
He reflects for a moment. Tavern, eh? Can't say I've ever met one I didn't like. He looks curiously up at Pendrake. How are ya at drinkin', me friend?

[sblock=OOC] Ok, I'm finally ready to proceed. Sorry for the delay. Do we have a tavern in mind? Cludge is not very smart or wise, so his approach is likely to be very direct...[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
Tommy

"If we have it within our combined power to compel information out of someone, we might be able to discover the identity and location of a Blacklily by asking someone likely to be well versed in the region. A bartender, perhaps, or a guard. Though in the case of a guard, I think simply asking would be prudent, rather than any kind of charm or compulsion. Whatever we do, we should be quick about it; the sale could take place at any time after nightfall."

Trouvere

Explorer
"I have no such spell," says Conuld. Rather uncharacteristically, he grins. "But I do have this!" He unhooks his crossbow from his belt and fusses with it, making sure a bolt is loaded.

AGFlynn

First Post
Cludge Slatefist

Say, I just had a thought (a rare occurrence ta me, I'll admit), says Cludge. Didn't you lot say the old man told ya the Blacklilly's fence was a bloke named Vanon er Banon or sometin'? Well, ain't that the name o' the brother o' that Cassus feller who done hired us? Thas a strange coincident, that is.

[sblock=OOC] Anybody having trouble reading my coloured text?[/sblock]

OOC: For some reason my signature's not working. Cludge is here

Last edited:

covaithe

Explorer
AGFlynn said:
Say, I just had a thought (a rare occurrence ta me, I'll admit), says Cludge. Didn't you lot say the old man told ya the Blacklilly's fence was a bloke named Vanon er Banon or sometin'? Well, ain't that the name o' the brother o' that Cassus feller who done hired us? Thas a stragne coincident, that is.
Tommy stares openmouthed at the dwarf. "By the towers! I believe you're right, Cassus did say his brother's name was Vanon. That puts an interesting spin on things, now doesn't it?"

[sblock=OOC] Yeah, your text is a bit dark for me, Flynn. I can live with it though, if others don't mind.[/sblock]

Trouvere

Explorer
"Russna's eyes! Could it be? If he is somehow caught up in this, we must tread very carefully. I do not think the Arimae would be very pleased if we returned with the necklace and the corpse of the younger son. And we must think about the public good name of the family," says Conuld. Then, musingly, "But it gives us a simple solution to this problem. We find proof of Vanon's involvement which his father and brother would believe - and I think I know how I might do that. They then bring pressure to bear on him themselves, to recover the necklace and end his association with the thieves. But that is not precisely what we were hired to do, and would bring scant reward, I think."
[sblock=OOC] Doh! (I don't have a problem with Cludge's text colour)[/sblock]

Last edited:

AGFlynn

First Post
Cludge Slatefist

Cludge looks ruefully at his new companions (they seem such a young -- though bright -- lot, he muses to himself).
'Tis a pity my new friend Galwynn couldn't come along. (I wonder where he's gotten himself to?) He seemed a right commonsensical bloke. He coughs and looks about him, blinking.
Seems we oughta tread careful-like here. I ain't very good at playing the smooth talker. Mebbe we shouldn't jump ta conclusions, but somethin's fishy. Could be there's more than one Vannon. So ya think we just walks into a tavern and says 'Who here knows the Blacklilly lads?' I'm game. But that seems kinda direct.

covaithe

Explorer
Tommy

AGFlynn said:
So ya think we just walks into a tavern and says 'Who here knows the Blacklilly lads?' I'm game. But that seems kinda direct.
"Bloody Jack Jenkins says, 'When time be short, kickin' in th' door be usually th' best plan. 'Course, 'tis usually th' best plan anyhow.' Though, I might suggest that if anyone asks why we're looking for the Blacklilies, we play the part of unscrupulous merchants looking to buy cheap goods without asking too many questions."

Trouvere

Explorer
covaithe said:
"Bloody Jack Jenkins says, 'When time be short, kickin' in th' door be usually th' best plan. 'Course, 'tis usually th' best plan anyhow.' Though, I might suggest that if anyone asks why we're looking for the Blacklilies, we play the part of unscrupulous merchants looking to buy cheap goods without asking too many questions."
Conuld says: "Or some of us can play that part. Are there many unscrupulous clerics of Hyrag, Rathan? Well, let us see what eventuates, if we follow the advice of this Jack Jenkins. You will have to explain who he is later, Tommy."

Solange

First Post
"Why don't we just follow that guy you saw watching us 'round the ally?" Solange asks. "If we go now, we can catch 'em"

Remove ads