W1: Blacklily Violence (Completed!) [Rae Judging]

Trouvere

Explorer
OOC - I'd prefer to bump into a separate group of investigators. We could leave it up to Wik. Maybe he even wanted the latecomers to come charging to our rescue after we get in over our heads

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Trouvere said:
OOC - I'd prefer to bump into a separate group of investigators. We could leave it up to Wik. Maybe he even wanted the latecomers to come charging to our rescue after we get in over our heads

OOC: i agree ...i like the idea of bumping into them seperate rather then haveing them tag along...imho

Wik

First Post
OOC: yeah. The initial group of investigators meet up with Saithnar and Rathan (Flynn?) on the way to the docks. Those two have spent the last half hour at Arimae manor, busily searching for clues. Nothing of importance was discovered.

While the group is heading out for the harbour, Tommy glances over his shoulder and sees a man of slim build, wearing a blackened suit of leather armour with a gray scarf tied around his neck. The man holds Tommy's gaze for a moment before disappearing down an alleyway.

The southern docks are well-lit, and patrolled by two-man guard units. Several of them stop and talk to the group for a few moments, pleasantly wishing them a good night. It is around this point that the two groups connect.

covaithe

Explorer
"My friends, I fear we must assume we are being watched. The man I saw wearing what looked like a Blacklily scarf was certainly looking right at me." says Tommy.

Trouvere

Explorer
covaithe said:
"My friends, I fear we must assume we are being watched. The man I saw wearing what looked like a Blacklily scarf was certainly looking right at me." says Tommy.
"If the rest of us had been paying more attention to our surroundings, we might have had a chance to intercept him," replies Conuld. "We need to be more careful from now on." As he speaks, the foursome reach the southern docks. "There are many city guards here," Conuld observes. "Not really the place I'd expect to see thieves and extortioners. Although - do you see... those three over there - two humans and a dwarf - they're obviously not guards. I wonder what they're up to?"

OOC - little connecting paragraph, just to kick off the meeting, so the characters can get introduced to one another while Wik's away

Last edited:

Solange

First Post
covaithe said:
"Where's he at? Should we follow 'em?" Solange suggests.

Trouvere

Explorer
Solange said:
"Where's he at? Should we follow 'em?" Solange suggests.
"I do not see how we can. He has too great a head start on us. If we had reacted at once, perhaps. If we are indeed being watched, he or one of his confederates will return - and then, let us be ready."

Rathan

First Post
Rathan seems to be spokemen for his little side group this time as he catches sight of the descriptions that he and his fellow companions were given..... he moves closer with a smile as he extends a hand to each of those he's not met yet.. "Greetings to those I've not met. I am Rathan Hawthorne, cleric of Hyrag, at your service. I hear we have a little issue here? Someone care to fill myself and my fellow companions in a bit on what's happened thusfar?" the priest asks as he looks about at all the men and or women he's met up with currently....

Last edited:

covaithe

Explorer
Tommy

Trouvere said:
"do you see... those three over there - two humans and a dwarf - they're obviously not guards. I wonder what they're up to?"
"I see no Blacklily signs on them. Do you suppose we might ask them if they've seen anything suspicious? Although... the dwarf does look rather disreputable..."

OOC: I think it would be reasonable to assume that the Arimae who hired you told you about us and gave you a general description. I'm not sure the Arimae would have known we were at the docks, though. Perhaps your army of pie-defending urchins helped? :)

Remove ads