W1: Blacklily Violence (Completed!) [Rae Judging]

Wik

First Post
OOC: Oops, I didn't see your Gather Info check, Scott!

Much of the group is busy asking around about the scarf they've found. One man, an older gentlemen with cracked spectacles running a stall that seems to deal in cheap musical instruments, runs the scarf through his fingers for several minutes before whispering to Pendrake "Sir, I don't think this is a smart thing to be flashing about in public... What you've got there is a Blacklily Scarf."

Solange

First Post
Wik said:
The women once again turn to look at Solange. The second woman says briefly "Oh, Rosalia saw them in an alleyway, I think... I don't know where. She said they were talking to some men, I think... I don't remember the details."

[sblock=OOC]Rathan: Yeah, it's "LightGreen". Feel free to use it. It's very.... soothing.
[/sblock]
"Oh, when and where was that?" Solange asks, concerned about such horable beasts in the neighborhood.

OOC: Solange Sense Motive (1d20+3=5), wondering if she's just being lead in a false direction.

Wik

First Post
Solange cannot tell if this woman is lying... but it does seem as if she just doesn't know any particular details - it's strictly information heard "from a friend of a friend".

Solange

First Post
"Well, thank you, you've been quite helpful." Solange says with a smile.

"And thank you, those earings look quite lovely, but I'm just a simple shepherd. I don't think I'd find time to wear 'em. A girl kin dream though." She excuses herself and goes looking for the others to see if they found anything.

covaithe

Explorer
Tommy, lingering near the Sages guild listening to a fascinating debate on the theological significance of the plane of water, suddenly notices that the rest of the group are nearly out of sight up the street and hurries after them, ears belatedly cocked for clues.

listen 1d20-1=17
gather info 1d20+1=8

Trouvere

Explorer
Conuld nods in greeting as Solange rejoins them. "The traders are closing their stalls," he says, "and I have learned nothing of interest, though I have made some small purchases. Did you two do any better? Where is Tommy? It will be dark soon. We should stick together."

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Trouvere said:
Conuld realises his gaffe too late. "Listen," he says, trying to make up for it. "If - when - we find these thieves, there may well be... violence. I have a spell that I can cast on you, if you are willing, that will make you grow to twice your normal height, for a short time. It's perfectly safe. Back at the library, when I first learned it, I used it to reach the top shelves! It made Baland, my old scholar, tear his hair out... you see, you'll be stronger, but also a bit clumsier. Oh, it took me a long time to pick up all those books. Anyway, what I'm saying is, in battle, it will be useful, I think."
"I think about it...not like to be clumsy fighter"

Trouvere

Explorer
Scott DeWar said:
"I think about it...not like to be clumsy fighter"
"I understand," replies Conuld, a bit irked. "Turalisj pothoc ghik, as we mages say in the language of dragons, er, that is 'Magic is not for everyone.'"
[sblock=Draconic] Actually, "Stupid big orc." [/sblock]

Wik

First Post
While the group discusses potential plans for their eventual encounter with the thieves, the spectacled old man discovered by Pendrake's snooping still holds the scarf in his hands. They seem to tremble a little bit, and several times Pendrake (and whoever is near him when he discovers the old man) notice that he keeps looking over his shoulder anxiously.

Remove ads