Werewolf by Night - spoiler thread

Davies

Legend
Okay, what I know about wrestling techniques can be written on the inside of a matchbook with space left over, but --

In the first fight scene, the move that Elsa does to knock big guy down before stealing his axe ... that's the one called the Frankensteiner, right?

In the first fight scene, the move that Elsa does to knock big guy down before stealing his axe ... that's the one called the Frankensteiner, right?
Frankensteiner is done with your legs around their head, and you then flip back. I remember her just jumping at him like I thought she was going for a scissors takedown, but then just spinnaroonied. To be technical.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
More self-contained, but with one notable "guest star."
Who was the notable guest star? Are you referring to the monster?

I do hope we start to see more of these short specials as a way to introduce new or showcase some of the minor mcu characters

and was that the Wendigo?

Last edited:

Ryujin

Legend
Who was the notable guest star? Are you referring to the monster?

I do hope we start to see more of these short specials as a way to introduce new or showcase some of the minor mcu characters

and was that the Wendigo?
Yes, the monster was Man-Thing, who has his own title.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
I liked it. Is the object part of marvel lore? Wouldn’t mind seeing a follow up to this

Ulysses Bloodstone was created in 1975 as an immortal monster hunter who got embedded in his chest the last fragment of a meteorite that crashed into Northern Vanaheim (Conans Europe). His title was cancelled in 1977. Although the Monster hunters did show up in other titles (Hulk and IronMan).

Elsa Bloodstone was created in 2001 as successor to Ulysses. It is said that because she was conceived while Ulysses still had the bloodgem embedded in his chest she inherited some of its power genetically. Usually she wears the gem as a choker. I. The comics Elsa was initially a bubbly, attractive young blonde girl who also kicked monster butt, but the authors have denied any plagiarism and claim not to have watched Buffy slaying vampires. The later grown up Elsa now has red hair and has a no-nonsense stand-off-ish personality due to trauma via her father.

as far as I can tell stepmother Verussa and the other Monster hunters are new creations for the special. The monsters shown in images were eastereggs linked to Ulysses Bloodstones story.

I do suspect we’ll see Elsa and other Monsterhunters show up again in the MCU, probably via Blade and maybe Black Knight (see camelot easteregg). Although canonically Bloodstone Manor is in Massachusettes, Elsa was raised primarily in Europe and in comics works at Braddock Academy - that links her to Captain Britain so we may see some British heroes start showing up

Last edited:

pukunui

Legend
That was a fun short film. I liked Jack and Elsa and would like to see them again.

I thought it was pretty obvious that Jack was a monster since the others were all described as having various numbers of “kills” whereas his were described as “deaths”.

MarkB

Legend
That was a fun short film. I liked Jack and Elsa and would like to see them again.

I thought it was pretty obvious that Jack was a monster since the others were all described as having various numbers of “kills” whereas his were described as “deaths”.
That, and they sent him into the maze first, then started reciting their oath.

Remove ads