Werewolf by Night - spoiler thread

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow

I thought it was pretty obvious that Jack was a monster since the others were all described as having various numbers of “kills” whereas his were described as “deaths”.

When he first came down the Hallway with the markings on his face he reminded me of Boris Karloff so my first thought was “is there a Mummy in this too?”

But then he was named Jack which cleared that up...

pukunui

Legend
I feel I should remind everyone that I haven't ever read any of the Marvel comics, so I wasn't as familiar with the characters as some of you were. I didn't really suspect anything until the stepmother referred to him having "deaths" rather than "kills".

I know she acted all surprised when the bloodstone revealed him to be a monster, but the fact that she mentioned "deaths" vs "kills" suggests to me that she already knew or at least suspected something. I mean, he wasn't even really a member of her dead husband's club, right? So why did he get invited? Or did he also crash the party like Elsa?

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
I feel I should remind everyone that I haven't ever read any of the Marvel comics, so I wasn't as familiar with the characters as some of you were. I didn't really suspect anything until the stepmother referred to him having "deaths" rather than "kills".

I know she acted all surprised when the bloodstone revealed him to be a monster, but the fact that she mentioned "deaths" vs "kills" suggests to me that she already knew or at least suspected something. I mean, he wasn't even really a member of her dead husband's club, right? So why did he get invited? Or did he also crash the party like Elsa?
Yeah he was a gatecrasher too, which is why the narrator made a point of saying the hunters had not met in person before that night

Familiarity with the comics doesn't really make much difference, since Jack is unnamed and unidentified until about half-way in. We are not told he is the eponymous werewolf.

On the other hand, familiarity with tropes made it pretty obvious where things were going. For example, stuffed heads on walls is a definite villain trope.

pukunui

Legend
Familiarity with the comics doesn't really make much difference, since Jack is unnamed and unidentified until about half-way in. We are not told he is the eponymous werewolf.

On the other hand, familiarity with tropes made it pretty obvious where things were going. For example, stuffed heads on walls is a definite villain trope.
I hadn’t really considered that Ulysses Bloodstone had been a villain, but I guess it makes sense. Explains why his daughter refused to follow in his footsteps.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
... my first thought was “is there a Mummy in this too?”

But then he was named Jack which cleared that up...

Because, while we can accept superpowers, sorcerers, and werewolves, a mummy named "Jack" is right out? :p

Mind you, I'm glad they didn't use his last name. Because, while intentional, a werewolf named "Jack Russel" is gonna raise eyebrows.

Remove ads