Whamaggeddon — who’s still in?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Do people actually hate this song?
Apparently.

To be fair, though, a lot of blame can be laid at the feet of the commercial music systems theat seem to have very limited playlists for holiday music.

For example, I was in a store one day, and heard 3 versions of the same song in an hour. Two were only separated by a single song. When THAT happened, I saw a shoggoth knock over its shopping cart and run out of the store laughing insanely.

MGibster

Legend
To be fair, though, a lot of blame can be laid at the feet of the commercial music systems theat seem to have very limited playlists for holiday music.
I've gotten a bit upset about that in recent years. A few years back, I could count on hearing a wider variety of Christmas music on my local radio station. It's been a few years since I've heard The Waitresses singing their Christmas Wrappings song. For whatever reason, the playlist really narrowed.

Edit: On the bright side, I didn't hear anyone complaining about Baby, It's Cold Outside this year.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
I'd go so far as to say not just holiday music. There are songs I don't like the first time I hear them. But they are dwarfed in number by songs I can't stand anymore because they've been overplayed - usually on the radio stations I have had on in the car, particularly if it's a Classic Rock station owned by IHeartMedia (formerly known as Clear Channel).

Ryujin

Legend
I'd go so far as to say not just holiday music. There are songs I don't like the first time I hear them. But they are dwarfed in number by songs I can't stand anymore because they've been overplayed - usually on the radio stations I have had on in the car, particularly if it's a Classic Rock station owned by IHeartMedia (formerly known as Clear Channel).
Funny you should mention iHeart. The Toronto talk radio station that I usually listen to in the car is part of the "iHeart Radio Network" and every Christmas they switch over to seasonal music, instead of talk. The stuff that they play is definitely overplayed. I forgot my phone at home, when travelling to my brother's place for Christmas dinner, and so was subjected to that garbage for a whole 15 minutes. They played the only Sarah MacLachlan song that I really can't stand; "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas." It's like she hits all the wrong notes on purpose, while "making it her own."

Remove ads