Whamaggeddon — who’s still in?

DrunkonDuty

he/him
And it's official, I've survived Whamageddon for the first time!

I was worried a couple of nights back when I went to see a band. Turns out they're an 80's covers band. There were people wearing Choose Life t-shirts! I wasn't worried that the band might cover it. Covers don't count after all. But all the pre-set and between-set music was 80s hits. Would one of them Wham me? Luckily no! There was no original version of Last Christmas. But yes, the band did cover it.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
I'm still in. Got 5 and a half hours to go. Last year, my wife hit us with a Whamageddon at 11pm on Xmas Eve. So she may try to repeat.

TheHand

Adventurer
I'd never "played" or heard of this until last month, so I decided to unofficially try for fun! I almost made it. I got whammied at my FLGS of all places. I'm pretty sure they knew exactly what they were doing.

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
I heard the song for the first time this year today at the radio. If I understand the rules correctly, I have survived, because the deadline was 24:00 of December the 24th. Too bad I wasn't playing! :D

TheHand

Adventurer
I heard the song for the first time this year today at the radio. If I understand the rules correctly, I have survived, because the deadline was 24:00 of December the 24th. Too bad I wasn't playing! :D
I'm pretty sure that's the whammie equivalent of James Bond stopping the bomb from going off with 1 second to spare. Well done!

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
90B25789-A68B-4DAE-81C4-732D3FAA928B.jpeg

Remove ads