Whamaggeddon — who’s still in?

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Well, it finally happened: for the first time in the 21st Century, I've been Wham!ed during the Christmas holiday season.

Today, on an innocent errand for groceries, the overhead music changed suddenly from quiet piano music to one of the worst 80s pop Christmas turds ever to be squeezed out of a stereo speaker, and my world shattered around me.

I am a broken man. I had hopes, I had aspirations, I was going to be someone. Do my tears fuel your car, George Michael? You have ruined an entire century of Christmas for me.

Last edited:

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
I am a broken man. I had hopes, I had aspirations, I was going to be someone. Do my tears fuel your car, George Michael? You have ruined an entire century of Christmas for me.
Once bitten and twice shy
you kept your distance, but you still catch the cry
Tell me baby, do you recognize it?
Well, give it a year, and maybe then you’ll survive it

and next year, to save you from tears, give it to someone special

Bagpuss

Legend
I heard it at Christmas party on the 16th.

I thought I'd heard it even earlier than that, but thankfully it turned out to be a cover version.

There was a period when BBC radio deliberately didn't play it to help folks out, but I've heard it on Radio 2 this year, but at least not in heavy rotation.

Sacrosanct

Legend
I got nailed last night, and it wasn't even by Wham. It was the Glee cast version in the car, and I couldn't switch the radio since my partner was driving and the kid said "I like this song". :/

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I got nailed last night, and it wasn't even by Wham. It was the Glee cast version in the car, and I couldn't switch the radio since my partner was driving and the kid said "I like this song". :/
Then you’re still in. Covers don’t count.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I heard it at Christmas party on the 16th.

I thought I'd heard it even earlier than that, but thankfully it turned out to be a cover version.

There was a period when BBC radio deliberately didn't play it to help folks out, but I've heard it on Radio 2 this year, but at least not in heavy rotation.
I’ve heard radio djs warn people in advance a couple of times this year.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Not only am I still in …. I am so far from civilization I don’t think I can be whammed!

79C95DD6-F830-4501-A81B-F152B065F22F.jpeg

Yora

Legend
Today I did all my Christmas shopping, and while I did hear some Christmas music, no Last Christmas.
I should be through now, not having any plans to leave the house for the next days.

Remove ads