D&D 5E What type of D&D Videogame do you want?

How do you like your D&D videogame of the future?

• First Person Shooter

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Third Person Shooter

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Isometric/Top Down; Real Time

Votes: 16 15.0%
  • Isometric/Top Down; Turn Based

Votes: 60 56.1%
  • Text

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • Other- I will explain in the comments.

Votes: 11 10.3%
  • None. You play D&D on a table, not on a console/PC.

Votes: 10 9.3%

• Poll closed .

kerouac

Villager
Also, I'd really love a Dragonlace Chronicles game. Long shot, I know. But dear god, that would be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wulffolk

Explorer
Key features for my preferences:
1 - D&D 5e rules with all core character Race/Class/Sub-Class/Background options, and whatever Feats that can be implemented properly.
2 - Updates to include new standard options as new books are released.
3 - All the iconic monsters must be available.
4 - Party management. I need the option to control a party of characters in solo mode, or to adventure with others in multi-player mode.
5 - Multiple viewing modes to choose from. I like to switch between 1st person, top-down and over the shoulder views depending on the situation.
6 - DM mode is a big plus, especially with the tools to customize and host private servers, similar to the Neverwinter Nights games.
7 - A large sandbox map for solo play, with expansions adding new areas to explore. I would prefer the Greyhawk or Forgotten Realms settings, but Eberron and DragonLance would be good too.
8 - A large number of well-written quests of a quality similar to The Witcher 3 would be a great bonus to the sandbox mode.
9 - Horses and other mounts are a must have. Playing a Knight or a Paladin without a trusty steed is depressing.
10 - Animal Companions and Familiars would be great.

And I want all of this for FREE !!! ;-)
Well, I suppose that is asking too much. I would gladly pay top-dollar for a game that included these features.

Wulffolk

Explorer
Speaking of party management, the worst aspect of games like The Witcher and The Elder Scrolls games is that you only control one character. That means your character must be able to everything for themself, encouraging the whole "special snowflake" problem.

I much prefer managing a group of characters, each with their own role, over playing one super-powered MarySue.

I also much prefer creating my own custom character over having a pre-made character forced on me. On the other hand, I like to find pre-made fully-fleshed NPC's with detailed backstories and personalities to join my custom main character on my quests.

Tallifer

Hero
MMORPG. Dark Age of Camelot was the LOVE (and agony and painful addiction) of my LIFE for four years. I think I could be tempted to throw away years of my life playing a realm-versus-realm MMO version of 4E... 5E will be a harder sell.
Emain Macha road.jpg

Last edited:

BookBarbarian

Expert Long Rester
Neverwinter Online

Ugh. Neverwinter Online. Where you have very few class options, and two of them are fighters. And it's always better to knock a foe of the edge than try and do damage to it.

I've tried it a few times. I had my GWF up to level 55 or something, but man I just had no desire to keep playing.

I never understood why they didn't just make one fighter class that had all the class options available and let the player build it how they wanted.

Last edited:

Wulffolk

Explorer
Yeah, I never implied that Neverwinter Online was a good option, just that it was out there for 4e fans. Personally, I hated the game. I really tried to get into, but I found it unbearable. Partly due to my very negative opinion of 4e, and partly due to the fact that it was everything that I hate about MMOs.

Tallifer

Hero
RvR MMORPG or I stick to normal D&D.

(RvR means Realm versus Realm warfare as was in Dark Age of Camelot; and an MMO ir not an MMO to me without the RPG: a community of roleplayers who use fantasy names and normal conversation in the "chat" not internet abbreviations and out-of-character talk. For example, a roleplayer in DAoC would might type "<laughs> That monster is certainly more challenging than we should dare." A non-roleplayer just types: "lol mob cons purple. dont aggro! did u see GOT last nite?")

rvr.jpg

Last edited:

Remove ads