D&D 5E What type of D&D Videogame do you want?

How do you like your D&D videogame of the future?

• First Person Shooter

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Third Person Shooter

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Isometric/Top Down; Real Time

Votes: 16 15.0%
  • Isometric/Top Down; Turn Based

Votes: 60 56.1%
  • Text

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • Other- I will explain in the comments.

Votes: 11 10.3%
  • None. You play D&D on a table, not on a console/PC.

Votes: 10 9.3%

• Poll closed .

BookBarbarian

Expert Long Rester
it was everything that I hate about MMOs.

Ain't that the truth. I play quite a few MMOs still, but you're completely right. Neverwinter Online has all the worst aspects of it.

At least Guild wars 2 is a very polished MMO, too bad i don't care about the world lore. LoTRO I'm all about the world lore, but it still plays like a WoW clone. WoW itself is still subscription only. I'm enjoying Elder Scrolls online for now. It's much more playable since it became true open world.

Sometimes I still think there will be a perfect MMO, but inside I think there time has passed.

Cyan Wisp

Explorer
As much as I liked Icewind Dale and its cousins, it didn't feel like "D&D", somehow. I enjoyed the old SSR games at the time, but they haven't aged well. First person doesn't feel great - I like having a diverse party to manage.

The only game that has come anywhere close to the feel of D&D (for me) was Temple of Elemental Evil. I love that game and still play it occasionally. It had awesome character creation, crafting, turn-based combat, skills that mattered, ways to dress your character in all sorts of fashionable gear. But boy did it have bugs! Some really annoying ones, too. Mods and bug fixes helped a LOT!

My dream D&D CRPG would follow the model of TOEE (isometric, turn-based). It would have good stories, work smoothly, look great, have top notch AI, and be 5E. It would support parties up to 6 strong, offer content for all three Pillars and enable all skills and PHB races, classes and subclasses to be represented and useful. It would be as replayable as Fallout 2, so open world/sandbox, not a linear grind. NO SUBSCRIPTIONS! Completely offline as a standard option.

Not much to ask, I know, but I would lose myself in a game like that. Maybe too much.

Remove ads