EBERRON HARDCOVER CONFIRMED!!
  • The Final Announcement from The Descent Live Stream: Eberron Hardcover

The final announcement at the end of The Descent stream is a hardcover book for the Eberron setting!

No details have been announced, but Nathan Stewart closed out the live stream event for The Descent by proclaiming the final book out this year would be a hardcover setting book for Eberron.
    Comments 245 Comments
      Twiggly the Gnome -
      Quote Originally Posted by nicolas.carrillos View Post
      Thrane would have white-red cards (paladin deck, the Flame), Karrnath would have black, Aundair blue red...
      ... Zilargo blue-white...

and of course there's a perfect candidate for a native planeswalker, Sora Kell.
      nicolas.carrillos -
      Quote Originally Posted by Twiggly the Gnome View Post
      ... Zilargo blue-white...

and of course there's a perfect candidate for a native planeswalker, Sora Kell.
      Agreed! I’d also say Jaela Daran may have the spark
      Gradine -
      Agreed! I’d also say Jaela Daran may have the spark
      Keith Baker did once play a time-traveling adult Jaela Daran in an Eberron campaign, I can see it
      nicolas.carrillos -
      Based on the following information, I wonder if the new book will be an adventure set in Eberron, with the Wayfinder’s Guide providing the world lore and rules on races and classes -I’d love that, preventing duplication and giving us an Eberron adventure:
      ”We still need more Dungeon Masters!

I’d like to formally invite you to become part of our stable of D&D Adventurers League Dungeon Masters for Gamehole Con VII, October 31st – November 3rd, 2019, Madison, Wisconsin...

If you’re interested in volunteering, please fill out the survey here to join our mailing list: http://eepurl.com/gkv3Ar

This year, Gamehole Con will feature the following premiere D&D Adventurers League content:
      • A Liar’s Night Masquerade (Halloween) EPIC written by Elisa Teague and Lysa Chen.
      • The premiere of a new AL campaign set in Eberron, including its first Epic event.

http://eepurl.com/gkv3Ar” (emphasis added)
      Parmandur -
      Based on the following information, I wonder if the new book will be an adventure set in Eberron, with the Wayfinder’s Guide providing the world lore and rules on races and classes -I’d love that, preventing duplication and giving us an Eberron adventure:
      ”We still need more Dungeon Masters!

I’d like to formally invite you to become part of our stable of D&D Adventurers League Dungeon Masters for Gamehole Con VII, October 31st – November 3rd, 2019, Madison, Wisconsin...

If you’re interested in volunteering, please fill out the survey here to join our mailing list: http://eepurl.com/gkv3Ar

This year, Gamehole Con will feature the following premiere D&D Adventurers League content:
      • A Liar’s Night Masquerade (Halloween) EPIC written by Elisa Teague and Lysa Chen.
      • The premiere of a new AL campaign set in Eberron, including its first Epic event.

http://eepurl.com/gkv3Ar” (emphasis added)
      Possibly, though I would lean towards "no." There is too much crunch such as monster stat blocks, still needed for Eberron (so many monsters). Also, that would mean they released three big adventure products in the same year, which is extremely unlikely. I am betting this will resemble Guildmaster's Guide to Ravnica, with maybe some adventure material. Eberron is already open on the DMsGuild, and I am sure the AL writers have lots to work with to sell on there.
      nicolas.carrillos -
      Quote Originally Posted by Parmandur View Post
      Possibly, though I would lean towards "no." There is too much crunch such as monster stat blocks, still needed for Eberron (so many monsters). Also, that would mean they released three big adventure products in the same year, which is extremely unlikely. I am betting this will resemble Guildmaster's Guide to Ravnica, with maybe some adventure material. Eberron is already open on the DMsGuild, and I am sure the AL writers have lots to work with to sell on there.
      I think you are right. I forgot about the monsters, and they have said that they would follow the Ravnica path if if was successful. The new AL adventure will likely be sold at the DMsG, as you say
      Parmandur -
      I think you are right. I forgot about the monsters, and they have said that they would follow the Ravnica path if if was successful. The new AL adventure will likely be sold at the DMsG, as you say
      It just struck me, though, that this is part of their strategy: they freed up Eberron on the DMsGuild in July 2018, release a big splashy book in bookstores in November 2019, and point to the extra resources that the community built up on the DMsGuild over 17 months, especially from Baker himself. That's an advantage Ravnica did not have, and makes me wonder if we might see another similar playtest setting soon...
      Azzy -
      It just struck me, though, that this is part of their strategy: they freed up Eberron on the DMsGuild in July 2018, release a big splashy book in bookstores in November 2019, and point to the extra resources that the community built up on the DMsGuild over 17 months, especially from Baker himself. That's an advantage Ravnica did not have, and makes me wonder if we might see another similar playtest setting soon...
      I'm kinda expecting Dark Sun to be next. That would be a great oppurtunity to reintroduce the psion, and it's one on the more popular non-FR settings (though I'm not a fan, personally).
      Parmandur -
      Quote Originally Posted by Azzy View Post
      I'm kinda expecting Dark Sun to be next. That would be a great oppurtunity to reintroduce the psion, and it's one on the more popular non-FR settings (though I'm not a fan, personally).
      After Eberron, it's also the other "Crunch" heavy setting that plays by different rules, as noted by Mearls back when they did the Settings survey. Mearls did some heavy conceptual lifting on the PSion last year. At one point not only confirmed that a Psion Class would be primarily about Dark Sun, but listed out everything else Dark Sun would need, in detail, like he had a playtest already going.
      nicolas.carrillos -
      An announcement is probably coming soon, apparently on July 23. I guess this because two new accounts called KB presents (it stands for Keith Baker, I guess) have popped up in Facebook and Twitter, saying an announcement is coming that date and posting images of the Dragonmarked houses, the lightning rail, the blood of Vol, Warforged and other Eberron stuff. The account’s logo is reminiscent of Keith Baker’s trademark hat. Check on Twitter ‪@InMyEberron‬
      vecna00 -
      An announcement is probably coming soon, apparently on July 23. I guess this because two new accounts called KB presents (it stands for Keith Baker, I guess) have popped up in Facebook and Twitter, saying an announcement is coming that date and posting images of the Dragonmarked houses, the lightning rail, the blood of Vol, Warforged and other Eberron stuff. The account’s logo is reminiscent of Keith Baker’s trademark hat. Check on Twitter ‪@InMyEberron‬
      I posted about it the other day, though I'm still not sure how legit it is yet. While I do expect an announcement for the hardcover to happen that week, I don't know if this is even affiliated with Keith Baker. He does already have his own game developer studio (TwoGether Games), not sure if he would need a second just to work on D&D content. I'm starting to think that KB Presents might be something either unrelated and trollish, or a side gig mostly run by Baker's friends in the industry.

Worst case: Nothing of note happens, they just retweet the main announcement. Realistic case: Probably just Baker's industry friends creating DM's Guild content for Eberron. Baker might release some material through them.
      Parmandur -
      Quote Originally Posted by vecna00 View Post
      I posted about it the other day, though I'm still not sure how legit it is yet. While I do expect an announcement for the hardcover to happen that week, I don't know if this is even affiliated with Keith Baker. He does already have his own game developer studio (TwoGether Games), not sure if he would need a second just to work on D&D content. I'm starting to think that KB Presents might be something either unrelated and trollish, or a side gig mostly run by Baker's friends in the industry.

Worst case: Nothing of note happens, they just retweet the main announcement. Realistic case: Probably just Baker's industry friends creating DM's Guild content for Eberron. Baker might release some material through them.
      I suspect it may be DMsGuild related, too, however...Baker is in on the Eberron product that is in the works, so I think this is around the right time.

A new imprint would seem warranted, as Baker can only publish Eberron material through the DMsGuild platform. May as well make sure his own IP and WotC are kept clearly seperate.
      vecna00 -
      I suspect it may be DMsGuild related, too, however...Baker is in on the Eberron product that is in the works, so I think this is around the right time.

A new imprint would seem warranted, as Baker can only publish Eberron material through the DMsGuild platform. May as well make sure his own IP and WotC are kept clearly seperate.
      My best guess is Keith is working on the big book and his team is working on an AP to be released side by side with it. Makes the most sense and gives Eberron players a lot to work with. Well, a lot more to work with!
      Parmandur -
      My best guess is Keith is working on the big book and his team is working on an AP to be released side by side with it. Makes the most sense and gives Eberron players a lot to work with. Well, a lot more to work with!
      The DMsGuild license is pretty flexible, so Eberron 5E could easily get more material than 3.5 could dream of pretty quickly.
      nicolas.carrillos -
      Now I think you are completely right -the account seems to be written by fans of Keith, probably in the loop as of the book and coming up with an AP or some other sort of supplement material
      Parmandur -
      Now I think you are completely right -the account seems to be written by fans of Keith, probably in the loop as of the book and coming up with an AP or some other sort of supplement material
      I would expect that WotC is using their networks like DMsGuild Adepts program to get an array of Eberron material out into the world to coincide with the core book.
      vecna00 -
      I would expect that WotC is using their networks like DMsGuild Adepts program to get an array of Eberron material out into the world to coincide with the core book.
      100%

Now, the only thing that would make me question the idea that KB Presents is putting together the Eberron AP for DM's Guild would be this little nugget that was posted in the Eberron Enthusiasts Facebook group.

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/V...y7r8_M83kvmXi4

In particular, this little piece: Name: Raptor Eberron.png ► Views: 124 ► Size: 7.6 KB

I'm not saying that fan projects or DM's Guild projects can't have code names, but it does make me wonder if the artist drew this for the hardcover.
      Parmandur -
      100%

Now, the only thing that would make me question the idea that KB Presents is putting together the Eberron AP for DM's Guild would be this little nugget that was posted in the Eberron Enthusiasts Facebook group.

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/V...y7r8_M83kvmXi4

In particular, this little piece: Name: Raptor Eberron.png ► Views: 124 ► Size: 7.6 KB

I'm not saying that fan projects or DM's Guild projects can't have code names, but it does make me wonder if the artist drew this for the hardcover.
      That's a pretty good picture. Wouldn't surprise me, though, if they are putting together a top quality tie-in still.
      Parmandur -
      Sooooo, Chris Perkins just did a Lore You Should Know episode about the Mournlands and the Lord of Blades. We are coming up on more info soon, methinks:

https://youtu.be/Msgu2CFCdv8
      MarkB -
      Sooooo, Chris Perkins just did a Lore You Should Know episode about the Mournlands and the Lord of Blades. We are coming up on more info soon, methinks:

https://youtu.be/Msgu2CFCdv8
      Ooh, that's timely. My players are planning an expedition into the Mournland, and researching the Lord of Blades. I'll have to check it out.
    Comments Leave Comment