Canadian inventor discovers x-ray vision, maybe

eabha

First Post
Er, I've got to wonder about this Troy Hurtubise character. In the mid-nineties he invented a grizzly-proof suit. It's all documented in a film called Project Grizzly, which is said to be pretty bad.

To quote the website containing the review of this film, "Troy is certainly an earnest, creative, and determined young man -- but his elevator has trouble getting out of the basement, let alone going all the way to the top."

The bear suit is visible in the picture that accompanies the article.

This is not to say that the idea of x-ray vision isn't pretty cool.

Last edited:

Turanil

First Post
Troy Hurtubise has done the seemingly impossible with his newest invention and defied all known rules of physics, he says.

The Angel Light—Hurtubise claims the concept came to him in a recurring dream—can reportedly see through walls, as if there was no barrier at all.

That’s not all, though. So impressed Hurtubise, 41, said the device detects stealth technology. And he’s done the tests to prove it, with the covert help of scientists at the famed Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Hurtubise said.

If that’s not enough, Hurtubise also said the French government sent representatives to North Bay to witness a demonstration of the Angel Light. Hurtubise said the reps were so impressed with the eight-foot long device they paid him $40,000 in cash to put the finishing touches on it.

New universe. The French, Hurtubise adds, have also agreed to pay him a “substantial” amount of money for the technology if it passes rigorous tests in France. “They couldn’t believe what they saw,” Hurtubise told BayToday.ca. “One of them told me it was as if I’d discovered a new universe.”

Gary Dryfoos, a consultant and former long-time instructor at MIT, said "there's a Nobel Prize" for Hurtubise if the Angel Light really performs as described. "There are laws of physics waiting to be written for what he's talking about," Dryfoos said.
What a great story! :D

Okay, even if this guy invents the antimatter bomb that can blow the whole planet, I think I will still sleep quietly tonight. :cool:

tarchon

First Post
Only 8 plasma rods!? Freakin' amateurs. Why, I had 12 plasma rods just in my ultrasonic near infra-red heterodyne optical coherence tomographic brain scanner.

Galethorn

First Post
Bah! Everybody knows that real x-ray vision is on its way with...uhhh...neutrino lasers...yep, neutrinos, cuzz they'll go through anything.

Remove ads