Need help with Video camera/TV choice

Henry

Autoexreginated
I need a new pair of eyes for work, and I'm asking assistance from the very knowledgable people of ENWorld for some advice. :)

I am afraid I'm not knowledgable in the current field of AV equipment. I'm looking for a video camera, webcam or similar device that will simply pick up the video stream it gets, and pipe it directly to an AV or s-video lead, straight into a television set. It's not a long distance, so just straight from camera to TV works great. I don't need any feature other than direct output, so tons o'features aren't important. Good resolution is a plus, but the plan is to train it on a specific area of a box on a conveyor line, so if I have to sacrifice a little bit of resolution for price, I won't mind.

What I'm looking for are suggestions of specific models, so I can have a starting point to look from. Honestly, I'm not sure where to begin, as all the models I see are hyping tons of features I don't need, when all I'm looking for is direct AV output. I considered a webcam and a PC, but I don't want to inject a level of complexity and possible breakage that I don't need.

Thanks to anyone in advance!

Remove ads