The Official Welcome Thread - Version 2.0

Soramain

Explorer
Why hello!

Hi there!

I'm a long time lurker who has been playing D&D since about 1988. God, 20 years! The last 15 have been every Sunday night with the same gaming group. When I got married, all my groomsmen and ushers were fellow D&D nerds.

I love the Story Hours and the Rogue's Gallery in particular.

sirfredrick

First Post
A bit about me

I haven't played D&D in ages. Last time I was in a group, we had about 5-8 people meeting about every month. I was pretty excited about playing. I took on the cleric role. But every session it was the same thing... 1 or 2 strong personalities with too many options and overpowered characters took up 90% of the game time. I'm hoping (and it is looking promising) that 4e will smooth out what everyone can do each turn. I don't have a group yet but I'm going to see what the local game store will have to offer first. I am interested in seeing how the online play via D&DI works out though I think missing the social interaction of being there may limit that for me.

Dane of War

First Post
Hi folks - long time reader - first time poster.

I've been a role-player since the age of 1978 - so that's 30 years now - when I got the first AD&D set from my big brother as a gift - and have been with the hobby since then. I play it whenever I can - though to be truthful, those times are rare in this area.

My favorite edition will always be first, though I love the style of 3/3.5. I hated 2nd with a passion and pretty much skipped it entirely - playing 1st continuously until '00 (with the exception of a few books).

I wasn't too pleased about the early news about 4E - but in the months that have followed I have grown more and more eager - and I really am looking forward to it now.

Glad to be here!

New Studio but not new Reader

Hi everyone!

My name is David Rodriguez and I've been lurking here for years. I've done video game work for the last 7 years and I write the modern fantasy comic Starkweather for Archaia Studios press and the recently launched webcomic Shadowgirls.

We are currently working on OGL products involving our modern supernatural world so I thought this was a good place to start. Please visit us sometimes and let us know what you think!

Longtime listener. . .

Hey, first post.
I play Star Wars minis at the Monster's Den in Minneapolis if anyone is interested. We meet Wednesday night between 7 and 8 and have scenarios that rotate each week.

Remove ads