Elven Accuracy

WSmith

First Post
When I was reading this power I couldn't help but wonder, shouldn't it be that you take the higher of the two rolls? Why would you take the second roll even if it is lower if as an elf you are supposed to have superior accuracy?

docdonuts

First Post
Taking the better of two rolls would be superior, however, having another roll and taking is still quite good. Think about when you use your daily power and role 1. It's meant to be used when you roll low (usually lower than 8 in my experience, since that's what I have to roll at a minimum to hit the AC of monsters but usually it's higher than that).

Cadfan

First Post
Since you only use it when you've missed, it doesn't really matter.

You know your first die was a failure, the only question is whether your second die will be a success. Even if its a worse failure than the first die, it doesn't matter which one you select because a failure is a failure no matter how bad.

James McMurray

First Post
They probably had people using it to get an extra chance at a critical hit during playtesting. Forcing you to take the new roll means you might turn a hit into a miss by getting greedy.

WSmith

First Post
Bare with me. I am still putting these rules together. Thanks in advance fore your patience. Maybe the wording isn't clicking with me.

So, looking at the power card, just so I have this right, it is supposed to work like this:

Only once during the encounter, (listed as an encounter power) the elf (no matter what class they are as it is a racial power) can roll a second attack roll (presumably cause the first one was a low and unsuccessful roll) and use that second roll. Since this is a free action, the player just needs to say, "I am rolling again" as soon as the first roll fails and nothing else really need to happen. That sound about right?

Selganor

Adventurer
Right... And luck may have it that the "1" the elf rerolled may surface as a "20" (as it has happened some times in our games)

Since you only use it when you've missed, it doesn't really matter.

You know your first die was a failure, the only question is whether your second die will be a success. Even if its a worse failure than the first die, it doesn't matter which one you select because a failure is a failure no matter how bad.

There's no requirement that you use elven accuracy when you miss; one of the more ingenious uses of the ability is to drop an area of effect spell on a bunch of enemies surrounding an ally, and then reroll against the ally if you hit.

WSmith

First Post
There's no requirement that you use elven accuracy when you miss; one of the more ingenious uses of the ability is to drop an area of effect spell on a bunch of enemies surrounding an ally, and then reroll against the ally if you hit.

Interesting. That is some serious out of the box thinking right there.

Thanee

First Post
Elven Accuracy is great, since it allows you two chances to hit with that important Daily Power instead of just one.

Bye
Thanee

Remove ads