[Adventure] The Cannith Caper (Judge: THB)

renau1g

First Post
Harressh can't quite put his finger on anything, but as the gith studies the nozzles he begins to laugh, "Oh...we are all panicking for nothing. The magic of this trap is long since run out, likely it was a trap that required an artificer to enchant at least on a somewhat regular basis to maintain effectiveness." he says.

[sblock=ooc]
Ok, so I was waiting to see if Varis wanted to take a stab at it, but it's been a couple days.

Vistrathis luckily has a good score
arcana (1d20+12=27)[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Haltor doesn't fully trust the gith's apprasial of the situation and, taking a cue from Varak, slides a stone into the room. When nothing untoward happens, he cautiously leads White-Eye into the room to examine the bodies and the rubble.

OOC: Perception +4 to find anything worth finding. What are our exits?

renau1g

First Post
As the mounted Haltor enters the room something surprising happens.

An apparition rises through the floor. It is a translucent human male dressed in the finery of House Cannith. At his heart burns a spectral blue flame. His eyes, mouth, and hair share a similar fire.

"Look who else has come! What are you people doing here in my forge?" the figure says, his eyes scan the group.

[sblock=ooc]
See map attached. Maptools won't open for me now, but assume Haltor took one step into the room

You will now have to behold the wonder that is my MS Paint skills *BWa-ha-ha*
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 51

stonegod

Haltor pulls up short at the appearance of the apparition. He looks back as the others, then forward again, pulling himself up to his full (mounted extended) height.

I am Haltor of the People, warleader and peace bringer. These others and I are agents of your House, here to ascertain what has happened. A breach, to be sure. The halfling looks back again to his group while trying to figure out this ghost.

OOC: Starting some Diplomacy. Let me know if/when a roll is needed. But I will start with some Insight: 20.

renau1g

First Post
"Of my House? No. You are not of my House. We would not stoop to allow half-breeds into our ranks, let alone a monster, and surely would not use them as proxies" he retorts indicating Varak and Varis, then Vistrathis. "Now, perhaps you can tell me who you are and what you're doing here?"

[sblock=ooc]
Hmmm..three of you with V names...just funny when you put them all together.

[/sblock]

[sblock=Haltor]
The apparition appears non-hostile, it makes no overt movements, nor does it have any malevolent intent, as far as you can tell [/sblock]

stonegod

Haltor holds back his sigh. Even dead tall-landers were obtuse. We were hired by your House to investigate the disturbance of the wards. Hobgoblins, it seems. He indicates the burnt bodies. We were tasked to discover these troublemakers and deal with them.

stonegod

[sblock=OOC]I'll wait a little bit to see if someone wants to chip in; if not by the later eve, I'll roll. Don't want to hog the RP. :)[/sblock]

Remove ads