GoT vs. SoIaF: More seasons than books?

Jan van Leyden

Adventurer
Now that HBO has ordered seasons 5 and 6 of Game of Thrones, I seem to be a bit behind with the mappings of the TV seasons to the books. I've only watched seasons 1 and 2 so far, which leads me to the question of how the books were splitted for TV.

Or has HBO organized a good whipping for GRRM so that he will increase his output? :]

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
Now that HBO has ordered seasons 5 and 6 of Game of Thrones, I seem to be a bit behind with the mappings of the TV seasons to the books. I've only watched seasons 1 and 2 so far, which leads me to the question of how the books were splitted for TV.

Or has HBO organized a good whipping for GRRM so that he will increase his output? :]
7 seasons planned for GoT TV show.

I guess it could always get one or two extra seasons. Hopefully the actor that plays Tyrion won't die before it ends.

Ahnehnois

First Post
Seasons 3 and 4 are split from one book. I don't think they've announced what their future plans are. I would think that the main concern would simply be the age of the actors. I imagine some time passes in the books as well, but they need to get everything done in time so there aren't a lot of characters being recast.

On the other hand, it makes sense to split them up as much as possible, given that a "season" constitutes only 10 hours and these are really dense books. And, of course, because the more GoT they produce the richer they get.

Seasons 3 and 4 are split from one book. I don't think they've announced what their future plans are.
I believe that the current season also has parts of book four. I think I read that somewhere.
I would think that the main concern would simply be the age of the actors. I imagine some time passes in the books as well, but they need to get everything done in time so there aren't a lot of characters being recast.
The kid that Bran has gotten pretty big.

Remove ads