E-Powers Interchangeable with Classic Powers?

C4

Explorer
I seem to remember people saying that E-powers are interchangeable with classic powers; like an E-druid can take a classic at-will attack, and vice versa. But I can't find anything to that effect in HotFK, so I'm hoping the community can either confirm or deny this memory.

Thanks!

the Jester

Legend
Yes, you absolutely can- as long as both class versions gain powers with levels.

Some don't. The elementalist sorcerer encounter powers that enhance their at wills, for instance, don't actually have levels IIRC, so other sorcerer types can't take them.

I seem to remember people saying that E-powers are interchangeable with classic powers; like an E-druid can take a classic at-will attack, and vice versa. But I can't find anything to that effect in HotFK, so I'm hoping the community can either confirm or deny this memory.

Look at the keywords. Class name, level, Type (A/E/D/U). If they match on all three points then they are treated as any other power that has all three points matching. If the power just says "Knight attack" with no level listed then they can't be taken as a power with a level.

the Jester

Legend
Look at the keywords. Class name, level, Type (A/E/D/U). If they match on all three points then they are treated as any other power that has all three points matching. If the power just says "Knight attack" with no level listed then they can't be taken as a power with a level.

This is a much clearer description of how it works than mine. :) :cool:

Yeah, there's a high degree of compatibility. The biggest barrier is just the limited number of cases where an e-class gets a wide open power selection. The Mage is the exception, and there are a number of classes, the warpriest, the cavalier/blackguard, etc where they get SOME power selections and have some that are granted by features or otherwise 'hardwired'. There are also lots of classes that get only utility choices or no open choices at all. If you factor in various MC feats and hybrid options that were published near the end of Dragon it can get fairly complicated.

Remove ads