D&D 5E What's your favorite race/class combination?

Gaea Games

First Post
Mine is and always will be an Elven Monk. It was one thing I liked back when 3E first came out and we all got excited about it. Elves should be able to be Monks. Heck, they should make really good Monks! And when I get to play the character like I want, I really get into the character. She does not kill except at greatest need—I'd rather bypass an encounter entirely or use peaceful resolution unless injustice must be met with justice. I also really like it when DMs give experience for methods of resolution that don't involve murdering everything and absconding with their possessions. I play a character who focuses on wisdom and understanding, contemplation, keen perception...and when it's time for action, no one's faster, more graceful, more skilled in battle.

It's just a combination that has always worked for me. What about you? What combination is the most fun for you to play?

PnPgamer

Explorer
Mine is a dwarven barbarian. A dwarf who was abandoned his lawful ways and embraces impulsiveness has always fascinated me. Funny enough, i havent ever played one, as i always prefer casters.

bganon

Explorer
As an Eberron fan, one of my favorites is a Changeling Warlock/Rogue. Basically lots of mysterious abilities (whether through class, race, or item use) to the extent that nobody else may even be able to figure out what class you're playing.

Close second is a Shifter Cleric (of the Silver Flame) specializing in archery, but I've never gotten to play out that concept.

jgsugden

Legend
The one I'm playing at the time. If I'm not playing anything, duergar fighters hold a special place in my heart - it gives me a chance to turn my Snark up to 12.

Bayonet

First Post
Human Fighter.

I like the idea of a person who, in a world of magic and creatures with strange abilities, gets by on a combination of grit and hard-won skill.

reelo

Hero
Dwarf Ranger. Never had the opportunity to play one, but should I ever play as a player, it's the combination I'd choose.

Cyan Wisp

Explorer
I'm just glad that 5e lets you have unusual combos without feeling that you've gimped yourself too much. Half-orc warlocks are good to go!

That said, I love the idea of a high elf paladin or fighter, though I've never played one. Just like the image.

Remove ads