D&D 5E Tall's PotA Campaign - IC

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
OOC: Just curious why carrying an unconscious person is a grapple? They are not resisting? Seems like it would be more of an object interaction, and maybe impose some encumbrance penalties. And damn. Don't want to lose anyone!

TallIan

Explorer
OOC:
Rolled a 1 which I believe is a double fail.
Ah yes, I missed that. Sorry dude, I hate killing PC's even in games that are meant to be dangerous and deadly.

Just curious why carrying an unconscious person is a grapple? They are not resisting? Seems like it would be more of an object interaction, and maybe impose some encumbrance penalties. And damn. Don't want to lose anyone!
Looks like I misread the object interaction rules - just re-read them. For some reason I thought that having a tough interaction (like the stuck lever in the PHB example) required your action, which it does not, only a STR check. Treating dragging a character like a grapple just struck me as an easy way to to achieve the goal. The grapple automatically succeeds, since the target is unconscious, and movement is halved for grappling, so that makes a simple version of encumbrance. But yeah, it could just be an object interaction with an encumbrance penalty.

TallIan

Explorer
Desairn Valley, Day 9, Early Morning

Making a tough choice, Illvilious starts to drag Thateous back towards the fence. The few remaining orcs are pushed back behind their own tents by the supporting ranged attacks from Nariah and Erol.

Illvilious manages to clear the fence easily, but Nariah is not so fortunate. Caught in the thorns Nariah goes down again, but Erol is able to come and help. Seeing the arrows and blast of eldritch energy lessen, the orcs orcs try a renewed attack, but Erol gets Nariah back on her feet quickly enough and the two are able to send the orcs fleeing back to the tents.

Under threat of violence from the larger orcs the two goblin cavalry are sent to attack but are quickly dispatched by group.

The group retreat back to the woods where they manged to take out the sentry post earlier.

Unknown to the group Duran bleeds out under the lack of care from the orcs.

TallIan

Explorer
OOC:
Sniff, poor Duran '-(
I know, I was trying to make it more dramatic/heroic, but the action has already been described in earlier posts.

It funny, I feel the same when I lose my own character as I do when I kill a PC as a GM. I'm interested to see what Azurewraith comes up with.

As for now, whats the plan?

Yavathol

Explorer
OOC:
Ok, I guess we need to regroup and find somewhere safe for a long rest. Where was the nearest village? And then I guess we can decide if we want to go back and get revenge/rescue the villagers or leave that until later and continue with the main plot, which I think gets my vote..

Remove ads