D&D 5E D&D Promises to Make the Game More Queer

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sunseeker

Point went way overhead. Typical really I guess...

You directly compared gays to KKK.

I mean if you had compared gays to....asians, or gays to...gingers...or gays to some other group whose ideology isn't based on hating everything that isn't white-christian-male supremacy you might have a defense here.

But you don't.

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
Yes, they do.

I mean if you are stooping to the point of declaring that hitting on a girl is announcing your heterosexuality to the world then maybe. But even that isn't announcing your heterosexuality to the world, it's announcing your interest to a potential partner.

If you are talking about bragging to other heterosexual males about girls then please remember that this is typically done in the confines of a group that are friends and are heterosexual males themselves. As noted, that kind of bragging typically ceases when a heterosexual girl walks up because it's known they would find such talk offensive.

So what other cases do you have where a straight guy tells the world he is straight?

Yunru

Banned
Banned
I mean if you are stooping to the point of declaring that hitting on a girl is announcing your heterosexuality to the world then maybe. But even that isn't announcing your heterosexuality to the world, it's announcing your interest to a potential partner.

If you are talking about bragging to other heterosexual males about girls then please remember that this is typically done in the confines of a group that are friends and are heterosexual males themselves. As noted, that kind of bragging typically ceases when a heterosexual girl walks up because it's known they would find such talk offensive.

So what other cases do you have where a straight guy tells the world he is straight?
When a straight male is at a homosexual males meetup and the punch hs been spiked?

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
You directly compared gays to KKK.

I mean if you had compared gays to....asians, or gays to...gingers...or gays to some other group whose ideology isn't based on hating everything that isn't white-christian-male supremacy you might have a defense here.

But you don't.

No I didn't. I compared the notion that because gays exist they must be inserted into d&d with the notion that KKK ideology exists and so they must be inserted into d&d. Not comparing gays to KKK. Comparing the notion that something must be in D&D because it exists with an obvious choice of a group we all agree should not be in d&d even though it exists.

There is a difference. Learn it.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member

All the time. Turn the television on. Watch some TV shows. Watch the *news* and see people marching along to that tune. Look at the world. It's *everywhere*. That you can't see that, like I said earlier, defies credulity. I don't know if it's wilful ignorance or actual context blindness, but it's impressive, I'll give you that. It's one of the most prevalent and obvious things in this world.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
No I didn't. I compared the notion that because gays exist they must be inserted into d&d with the notion that KKK ideology exists and so they must be inserted into d&d.

Wow. I missed that. That you could say such a thing - in public, no less! - is horrifying.

Yunru

Banned
Banned
All the time. Turn the television on. Watch some TV shows. Watch the *news* and see people marching along to that tune. Look at the world. It's *everywhere*. That you can't see that, like I said earlier, defies credulity. I don't know if it's wilful ignorance or actual context blindness, but it's impressive, I'll give you that. It's one of the most prevalent and obvious things in this world.
To be fair, I've not seen it either. Especially marches. Maybe it's just backwards yanks?

(My apologies if my attempt to insert levity offends)

S

Sunseeker

No I didn't. I compared the notion that because gays exist they must be inserted into d&d with the notion that KKK ideology exists and so they must be inserted into d&d. Not comparing gays to KKK. Comparing the notion that something must be in D&D because it exists with an obvious choice of a group we all agree should not be in d&d even though it exists.

There is a difference. Learn it.

There is a point I made and this isn't it.

The point is where your mind is at. You could just have easily made your point with a different group. But when someone said "hey this group should be included!" you jumped to "what about white-supremacist gay-hating groups!" in a discussion about including gay people.

That says worlds about where your mind is.

Libramarian

Adventurer
men in most cultures certainly feel free to demonstrate how heterosexual they are by talking about how attractive they find women and how they want to have sex with them. In public, often loudly, often with numerical ratings.
Maybe that goes down in certain neighborhoods of US cities but that would be outrageous behavior here. If I saw that the first thing I would think is the guy is mentally ill. In fact I think it's illegal...ah, it is if he follows her or if she feels unsafe as a result of the catcalling.

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
Good start! See we don't have to announce our sexuality to the world. So why is suggesting that gays don't announce their sexuality to the world suddenly insulting?

I have no idea what that even means? What should gay people BE doing, in your estimation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads