D&D 5E Mearls' "Firing" tweet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Werebat

Explorer
My wife is a doctor. When a new female doctor is hired, or even appointed to a position of authority in the hospital, it's no big news. It happens ALL THE TIME.

Note that this was not always the case. For a long time, women were not allowed to be doctors, and then for a long time there was a lot of hullabaloo and angst about nonsense like "should I trust the competence of a woman surgeon?", "but what about her CHILDREN?", etc. Stupid crap. You rarely hear any of it now.

It does say something about the gaming industry that this new hire is even news, let along causing a stir.

While we're taking about getting rid of people in the hobby, could we also fire the people who attend a convention but refuse to bathe?
I think we can really do without the stereotype that is “gamerfunk”

M.L. Martin

Adventurer
In the irony department, this thread gets resurrected just as there are cries for Mearls' firing resounding across Twitter.

jayoungr

Legend
Supporter
I don't follow Twitter. What did he do (if you can describe it in a way that won't incur a reprimand)?

M.L. Martin

Adventurer
I don't follow Twitter. What did he do (if you can describe it in a way that won't incur a reprimand)?

People are still upset about his handling of the Zak S situation, and the official WotC account doing a Pride-related promo set off the new wave.

Dausuul

Legend
Twitter is such a :):);):(-hole.
Who would have thought that a system specifically designed to encourage people to speak without thinking, that blocks you from expressing anything complex or nuanced enough to require more than 280 characters, and that gets essentially zero moderation would turn out badly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases