Potion of undead form

aco175

Legend
I would have an ingredient be something PCs may feel hesitant around. Something like skeletal bones from a humanoid used in the potion. Depends also on how powerful it is as to whether it needs undead remains like ghost tears or something. A basic 'hide me from undead' potion that costs 50-100gp may just need basic bones. Make it last for an hour or until you attack.

jaelis

Oh this is where the title goes?
If it's just an illusion, base it off disguise self. Or were you thinking of more effects than that?

Afrodactyl

First Post
I personally would go with something like;

This strange black liquid is murky and chalky, and is cold to the touch. When drank, your skin changes to a pallid grey, your lips turn blue and your heart slows to almost nothing leaving you for all intents and purposes a walking corpse. Your type changes to 'Undead' for 1d4+1 hours, you gain resistance to necrotic damage and vulnerability to radiant damage, and you have advantage on persuasion and deception checks against other undead.

So you would appear as a corpse to most living things, and dumb undead would assume you're one of them (with some convincing of both the monster and DM).

abe ray

Explorer
It shows the bones only & makes EVERYTHING in/on the drinker invisible!

Sent from my iPhone using EN World

Last edited:

Satyrn

First Post
It shows the bones only & makes EVERYTHING in/on the drinker invisible!

That sounds cool. And it looks like a rather complete description to me. Other than a duration (I'd go with 1 hour, I think), what's missing that you need help with?

Satyrn

First Post
Mostly how to make it.

Sent from my iPhone using EN World

I still don't know what you mean by making it.

Are you asking how your character would make the potion in-game? That's totally dependent on how your DM handles all potion creation.

Remove ads