For the good of video games, Anthem needs to fail hard

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
...Fail Hard sounds like a great name for a comedic first-person shooter.

I can almost see a John McClane-type action hero trying to take down a skyscraper full of terrorists...Wyle E. Coyote style. Each failure getting depicted in full cartoonish glory.

For instance, the classic crashing through the window scene? Miss the right window, get splatted, then slide to the ground, and become a human accordion.

Last edited:

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
I can almost see a John McClane-type action hero trying to take down a skyscraper full of terrorists.
New movie Skyscraper coming to theaters soon, looks like The Rock is going to save his in-film family (who are atop The Towering Inferno) while the city police and fire departments try to get him to go stand back behind the barricades.
No Wile E. Coyote angle in this one, though. Maybe the next Classic Movie Clone to hit theaters...

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
New movie Skyscraper coming to theaters soon, looks like The Rock is going to save his in-film family (who are atop The Towering Inferno) while the city police and fire departments try to get him to go stand back behind the barricades.
No Wile E. Coyote angle in this one, though. Maybe the next Classic Movie Clone to hit theaters...

Yeah, I saw the ad for that earlier today.

Hey, I wonder if there’s a plane crash involved? Or a capsized cruise ship?

I can almost see a John McClane-type action hero trying to take down a skyscraper full of terrorists...Wyle E. Coyote style. Each failure getting depicted in full cartoonish glory.

For instance, the classic crashing through the window scene? Miss the right window, get splatted, then slide to the ground, and become a human accordion.

That could be a fun game. No reloading and autosaving. Not no matter how bad you mess up, you don't die and reload, but something painful (or cartroony) happens and you continue to see how bad the final product looks like. Where it's not about success, but how far you make it and the ride.
Like FTL but a first person shooter.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
Hey, I wonder if there’s a plane crash involved? Or a capsized cruise ship?
I can't imagine Wile E Coyote successfully flying - let alone landing - an airplane.
In the event of a capsized (but not yet sinking) ship, he would probably let the water in to the critical compartment of air...

pogre

Legend
I don't know anything about this game, but judging by how addicted my buddies are to Madden I cannot imagine one tanked game killing the company. I mean I got buddies that regularly drop a couple hundred bucks on a weekend on Madden. I don't get it, but they don't get my hobbies either!;)

Remove ads