Pages From The Upcoming Nautical D&D Book!

These screencaps were posted by GM Leigh (of Mage Productions) on Twitter after being showed on WotC's Twitch stream, presented by Kate Welch and Nathan Stewart. Note the old Saltmarsh trilogy references!

These screencaps were posted by GM Leigh (of Mage Productions) on Twitter after being showed on WotC's Twitch stream, presented by Kate Welch and Nathan Stewart. Note the old Saltmarsh trilogy references!

1.jpg
2.jpg

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
The second page art doesn’t fit WoTC’s typical style to me....maybe just a place holder?
Cool timing as I was actually reading the 2e Of Ships and the Sea book for some nautical themed info.

Ash Mantle

Adventurer
Looks like it will mostly be an adventure. So they’re back to a spring/summer adventure and winter sourcebook. That will make four adventure books in a row.

Could it be they'll be including an adventure in a "setting" book like how they did with Guildmaster's Guide to Ravnica?

Dire Bare

Legend
That top image looks like the sahuagin equivalent of a cock fight! I can't read the caption, is it, "Crap! The lawmages are here! Scatter!"

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Looks like it will mostly be an adventure. So they’re back to a spring/summer adventure and winter sourcebook. That will make four adventure books in a row.

Two in a row, Ravnica broke the streak. There is also the Acquisitions Inc book that will be on D&D Beyond in the meantime. Stewart has suggested there may be 4 WotC book this year, too.

pukunui

Legend
So, if those page numbers aren't BS, which they might be, it looks like the book opens with U3.
That would be weird. You'd think they'd redo the whole U series, not just the third one.

I am hoping they also include an updated version of Saltmarsh from the 3.5e PHB 2.

It would be cool if they also included an updated version of Treasure Hunt, complete with official 5e rules for 0-level characters!

Parmandur

Book-Friend
That would be weird. You'd think they'd redo the whole U series, not just the third one.

I am hoping they also include an updated version of Saltmarsh from the 3.5e PHB 2.

It would be cool if they also included an updated version of Treasure Hunt, complete with official 5e rules for 0-level characters!

Yes, I thought that was unusual as well: however, they did change the book name in the corner, so maybe they changed the pagination to prevent any conclusions being drawn about the book.

U3 was 48 pages long in the original format: anybody have it on hand to compare the pages in question?

Remove ads

Remove ads