D&D Movie/TV Casting Begins Soon For D&D Movie?

According to Screenrant, Paramount's (Summer 2021) Dungeons & Dragons movie is about to begin casting.

According to Screenrant, Paramount's (Summer 2021) Dungeons & Dragons movie is about to begin casting.

drizzt-do-urden-dungeons-and-dragons.jpg

There's a few tidbits to be gleaned from the article:
  • Paramount is looking at A-listers for the male lead
  • The new draft of the script is by Michael Gillio
  • The director is no longer involved, and the studio is looking for a new one
There has been plenty of news, speculation, rumour, and more about this movie over the last few years; in fact, I've been covering the various rumours for at least 5 years!

jgsugden

Legend
There is always the chance that what is known is a lie or partial truth or that there is a greater truth. Even the things you take for granted as known require faith that the sources of your understanding of what is know are true.
You're begging to be smote....

And if you disagree and think there are "far more cheap good movies than expensive good movies" give me some objective data showing that which isn't cherry picking a handfull of examples. It would make HUGE news in the Entertainment industry, which is full of analysts who would salivate over such objective data and which would dramatically change the entire industry if it were true because they could make so much more money if they could spend less to make more.

"Objective data?" How can I give objective data about the subjective concept "good movie"? Please. I'm stating and have always been stating an opinion. If you disagree with my opinion. That's your prerogative. I don't think money affects quality directly: they are orthogonal. You disagree. So be it.

Oofta

Legend
"Objective data?" How can I give objective data about the subjective concept "good movie"? Please. I'm stating and have always been stating an opinion. If you disagree with my opinion. That's your prerogative. I don't think money affects quality directly: they are orthogonal. You disagree. So be it.

Actually I think what people are saying is that the vast majority of people disagree with you and have proven it where it matters: with their time and pocketbook.

Don't get me wrong, there are many examples of big budget movies that were total flops. But there are more successes (maybe not mega-super-break-records successes, but still successes) than flops. Are there good low budget movies as well? Sure. But there are tons of low budget movies that are complete and total dreck.

Stating that you don't like most big budget movies is fine. Saying that big budgets always mean bad movies is demonstrably false for the majority of people.

Koloth

First Post
Hard to have a good opinion on the movie when there is no announced cast, the script was ditched and rewritten and still secret, the one time director isn't anymore, the studio changed, etc. About the only thing that has stayed constant is it is supposed to be a D&D themed movie.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
"Objective data?" How can I give objective data about the subjective concept "good movie"?

Oh, that's pretty easy actually. We now have tons of critic and audience aggregators out there, like Rotten Tomatoes. You could chart cost of product vs audience and critical reaction and find there are more inexpensive movies rated as "good" than expensive movies rated as "good" for example. Hint - they've done that, and your theory does not hold up to examination like that.

Remove ads

Remove ads