D&D General What are your Pedantic Complaints about D&D?

Tony Vargas

Legend
It may just be my perception, but it seems like in every single 5e campaign that I have ever played in or DMed for, Fighters (and only fighters) fall behind every single other class (except the Ranger) in effectiveness, unless given magic weapons that deal at least an extra 1d8 damage dice . . . At which point they skyrocket to being flat-out overpowered.

I'm sorry, we can't accept that answer, we were looking for silly, pedantic, complaints.

Thank you for playing, and enjoy a selection of your choice from the free offerings on DMsGuild, as a parting gift.

2. If Gith lay eggs, then why do female Gith have...
They're monotremes?

Do the males have a /venomous/ calcaneus spur?

How does Darkvision even work? If there's no light, how do they see at all?
Like vision, but in the dark, instead of the light.

What are yours, and how ridiculous are they?
Dungeons & Dragons?
Alliteration is so passe. ...
By Mike Mearls?
Really? which Marvel hero has that secret ID?

Last edited:

Celebrim

Legend
4. How does Darkvision even work? If there's no light, how do they see at all?

I got this one.

Darkvision works by emitting a ray from the eye, the reflection of which is what is perceived. This is why darkvision doesn't work so well if you are trying to use it in the day, when everything is flooded with light. And it's why, for example, goblins wince and can't see very well in daylight.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Lot so stuff others have mentioned but I will add:

6-second long rounds. Ridiculous. That someone will move dozens of feet and attack or cast spells, not to mention bonus actions, etc. -- all in 6 seconds. While maybe a full minute long round was a bit much in 1ed AD&D, 6-seconds is much too fast. Even 10-seconds would be better and more reasonable IMO.

IME, in a fight, 6 seconds is an eternity.

All kinds of stuff weighs way too much. No sword should ever weigh 8-10 lbs unless it was made for a race with a strength bonus, and has a minimum Str to avoid disadvantage.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases