D&D 5E So long and thanks for all the fish!

BoldItalic

First Post
[MENTION=6801229]rgoodbb[/MENTION] - I'm wondering why it's just you and me playing ping-pong with the narrative? Where is everyone else? Is it because we are just making stuff up as we go along and that's somehow against the rules? Only the DM is allowed to make stuff up?

Hey, guys, you are allowed to take turns here at being the DM !

rgoodbb

Adventurer
I wonder if the 1 star rating is putting people off reading....or maybe we're just a little too silly or out there to play with.

Lanliss

Explorer
I wonder if the 1 star rating is putting people off reading....or maybe we're just a little too silly or out there to play with.

I am busy with things, and quite enjoying the current narrative from the outside. Also, do people actually look at the star rating? I didn't even notice it existed until about a week ago.

rgoodbb

Adventurer
I am busy with things, and quite enjoying the current narrative from the outside. Also, do people actually look at the star rating? I didn't even notice it existed until about a week ago.

Very glad someone is enjoying it. If/When less busy, do feel welcome to embellish.

rgoodbb

Adventurer
Bar De-Door had been a little quiet recently. Part of that was due to the sun making his skin flaky, but the other part was Sister Hermione. After rolling up a new class, De-Door felt that she was now stepping on his toes. Soap was his niche. Now she was not only soap, but 3 other elements as well so he decided that he wanted to be angry about it.

“Druids will not wear metal armour” He knew he was safe with this statement. After-all This was Rules As Written.

“What?”

“You heard me, they will not wear metal armour”

“Cannot or will not?”

“Uhm…Will not.”

“Why not”

De-Door hadn’t thought this far ahead and realised that he didn’t know. Not only that but he couldn’t think of a good reason either.

“Because ….uhm...it’s… hot here and …uhm it will boil your body”

“Well I understand-eth that mayhap they should not wear it here or mayhap they decide that they might not and possibly in some cases they cannot, but nay that they will not. That is verily thine mule of stubbornness”

De-Door knew that he’d probably lost this one early on..….

BoldItalic

First Post
The show must go on ..

Spiton was shaken by the suggestion that he hadn't actually used any magic. He looked hunted. He looked deflated. He looked aghast. He looked aghoul, too, except that's not a proper word, as Hermione immediately pointed out. All his flamboyance had flamfallen.

"I could have been a bard," he mumbled defensively, "but they threw me out of the college."

"I got thrown out of lots of places," offered Throg sympathetically, "mostly taverns, though. Dunno about colleges. Did you get too drunk and start hitting people, like me?"

Spiton shook his head, but his heart wasn't in it. "There was this other student, called Giarism. He was always getting straight alphas for everything. The girls were all over him. Charisma 20, you know the sort. B*st*rd. He stole one of my songs. It was going to be my masterwork piece. I'd sweated buckets writing it and he just stole it. What kind of a guy does that?"

"Guy steals my stuff, he gets to meet my axe," observed Throg. "He not do that twice."

"Hush, dear," admonished Hermione, "I love dramatic tension. What happened next, Spiton?"

"He accused me of stealing his song! There was a contest. We each played it so the judges could decide. It wasn't fair! They said my performance was a clear case of Play-Giarism!"

"What's this guy doing now?" wondered Gildan.

"He's Chief Bard at the Llanwllyn Eisteddfod."

"Looks like they might be needing a new chief bard. How do we get to Llanwllyn?"

"Could be a problem. We're in the wrong multiverse."

"Oh, but that's easy ..."

rgoodbb

Adventurer
"......We need the blood of a Sorcerer King or.... its signature song"

"But.......I've been reliably informed that Sorcerer's aren't King in this edition..."

"Wait a minute. I may have the correct tune" Exclaimed Spiton

"MetaMagicMultiVerse and Expi-ali-doshus
Then they went and :):):):)ed this world, it's something quite atrocious
They killed the the water and the plants, it's now purely ferocious
MetaMagicMultiVerse and Expi-ali-doshus

Uhm diddle-iddle-iddle-iddle-iddle-eye!
Uhm diddle-iddle-iddle-iddle-iddle-eye!"

Just then................

BoldItalic

First Post
Just then................

A trapdoor opened in the sky and a rope snaked down from it, stopping just above the ground and swaying slightly. Throg suspected a trick, and he was right. A genii appeared at the trapdoor and climbed down the rope. He was dressed in the usual baggy trousers but wore a wide-brimmed hat that was quite out of character and nothing like the pictures you see in books.

"Greeting," said the genii, "I am the Genii of the Hat. I claim my three wishes."

"Er," began Gildan, "shouldn't that be grant?"

"Don't be silly," replied the genii, "how could I possibly grant you three wishes? You're the wizard, not me. You're the one who can do magic. Now, for my first wish ..."

Remove ads