Talls Strongholds and Followers adventure - Full

TallIan

Explorer
I imagine Sothor knew someone reliable in Bedegar, possibly hoping that the Baron would take him in. When that does not happen, because of not wanting to be associated with a fugitive, Sothor and his soldiers may have been working underground as a sort of resistance movement, using a secret hideout somewhere. (That may tie Saarthax to [MENTION=6886148]Herosmith14[/MENTION]'s character, if he's up for it. Frostbite may have been/still is one of Sothor's men.) In that case they would have rushed to the Baron's defense when the orcs came.
If Herosmith is up for that sure. I see the late baron as mostly good, but not willing to risk much, so when the
dragonborn arrived wanting help, he wouldn't take them on, but happily looked the other way as they set up a homestead for themselves, even when some of the local farmers started selling their wares there too.

I'm not sure how many men were in that squad, but I don't think it would've been very many. Ten at the very most. Now, Saarthax is convinced it's just him and Bernold who survived, but he can't be sure.

Oh, and you may have guessed Bernold is my retainer / follower. :)

That should work and yes I did :p

TallIan

Explorer
IC is up.

I noticed that Arcata's background isn't in the RG yet, but I think I know enough of Shayuri's plan to get the ball rolling anyway.

TallIan

Explorer
I've added a few prominent NPC's that some of you may know about as you're local to Bedegar. I'll try and keep this updated as we go along

Arcata's background has been added. Let me know if I need to make any changes to fit the narrative in.
Looks good, there is enough there that I can build on if I need to use Arcata's family.

I imagine Sothor knew someone reliable in Bedegar, possibly hoping that the Baron would take him in. When that does not happen, because of not wanting to be associated with a fugitive, Sothor and his soldiers may have been working underground as a sort of resistance movement, using a secret hideout somewhere. (That may tie Saarthax to @Herosmith14's character, if he's up for it. Frostbite may have been/still is one of Sothor's men.) In that case they would have rushed to the Baron's defense when the orcs came.

I'm not sure how many men were in that squad, but I don't think it would've been very many. Ten at the very most. Now, Saarthax is convinced it's just him and Bernold who survived, but he can't be sure.

Oh, and you may have guessed Bernold is my retainer / follower. :)

I had it in my head that all of Sothor's men were dragon born - possibly because when you attract followers they are of the same ancestry (race) as your character according to the rules in the S&F book. I've just seen you picture of Bernold in the RG and realised that not all of Sother's had to be dragonborn.

There is a rule that allows different ancestries though, so Sothor could have been closer to the Baron than I initially thought as he won't be aiding 10 dragon born, just perhaps two.

TallIan

Explorer
That sounds great. I kind of see Eowyn as sort of like Zecora from My Little Ponies. That strange woman of the woods. She is odd. Never talks. Sometimes stands there in the middle of the street and just...stares. Likes to watch paint dry and grass grow.

I had to look that up. My daughter only watches one DVD of my little ponies and its an old school original moved to DVD. I'm pretty sure we'll soon be sick of My Liitle Pony though, she's going ever more mad for ponies in general.
[MENTION=6801311]KahlessNestor[/MENTION] it's like we woke a dragon by talking about this. My daughter found MPL on Netfilx just after these posts, and now wants to watch it all the time. The newer stuff is not the same as the sickening show I remember my sister watching when we were kids. It's probably one of the more bearable kids show's

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Yeah, I figured a whole squad of dragonborn would be too much. That's why I decided upon a human follower, but I didn't think about it any further.

I could change it if you insist.

TallIan

Explorer
Yeah, I figured a whole squad of dragonborn would be too much. That's why I decided upon a human follower, but I didn't think about it any further.

I could change it if you insist.

No, once I got my head around the idea that they weren’t all Dragonborn, things sat a bit easier.

One of the followers you can attract is an ambassador who allows you to attract followers of a different ancestry.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
[MENTION=6801311]KahlessNestor[/MENTION] it's like we woke a dragon by talking about this. My daughter found MPL on Netfilx just after these posts, and now wants to watch it all the time. The newer stuff is not the same as the sickening show I remember my sister watching when we were kids. It's probably one of the more bearable kids show's

Yes, it's a very intelligent show. :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases