D&D 5E [Full] Tall's PotA Campiagn

TallIan

Explorer
No problems, notifications are a bit hit and miss. I'm never sure if someone is busy or unaware that posts habe been made.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

TallIan

Explorer
Magic items start to trickle in from this point on in the game and rather than giving you guys a bunch of miscellaneous magical junk if you guys would like to provide a "shopping list" of things you would like for your character, I'll start to work them in in place of some of the default items.

I'll still be dishing out some of the default items, as they are there to assist in later levels, so you might not get everything on your Christmas list but I'm hoping to avoid handing out stuff that forces you to alter the concept of your character.

A couple of things to keep in mind;
- There is absolutely zero chance of getting a +x shield. I find these far too powerful. Other magical effects from shields are still ok.
- +x armour I tend to rate higher than the numbers suggest they should be as they are quite powerful and always on
- +x weapons, I don't mind quite so much, but I generally prefer other effects; extra d6 fire damage; lights up when...

EDIT:
- Feel free to offer variations to DMG magic items eg Frosttongue. As much as I try to avoid house rules I'm quite ok with variations to magic items - they're easier to correct on the fly without upsetting people.
- I'm also not a fan of duplicate items even on different PCs. Magic items are a bit cooler when you have THE magic thingy of whatsit not A magic thingy of whatsit.

Last edited:

Azurewraith

Explorer
Magic items start to trickle in from this point on in the game and rather than giving you guys a bunch of miscellaneous magical junk if you guys would like to provide a "shopping list" of things you would like for your character, I'll start to work them in in place of some of the default items.

I'll still be dishing out some of the default items, as they are there to assist in later levels, so you might not get everything on your Christmas list but I'm hoping to avoid handing out stuff that forces you to alter the concept of your character.

A couple of things to keep in mind;
- There is absolutely zero chance of getting a +x shield. I find these far too powerful. Other magical effects from shields are still ok.
- +x armour I tend to rate higher than the numbers suggest they should be as they are quite powerful and always on
- +x weapons, I don't mind quite so much, but I generally prefer other effects; extra d6 fire damage; lights up when...
This is something I will have to think on as well druid.

TallIan

Explorer
This is something I will have to think on as well druid.

That's partly why I asked, a druid and a monk do not offer very obvious magical items wants. Errol and Nariah are fairly easy to guess, J.V a little less so.

There is no need to rush, you're not about to find a hoard of magical items any time soon, but they do start to trickle in.

Yavathol

Explorer
Thanks for asking, it's always more fun to get something useful:)
There's an item called Insignia of Claws from HotDQ, which enhances natural attacks/unarmed strikes. Otherwise defensive stuff would be cool, like ring of protection, cloak of displacement. Also Ioun Stones, and general purpose stuff like items which allow detect thoughts, protection from evil, magic staffs:)

After getting the Constitution magic tome, I feel I've had more than my share recently!

Azurewraith

Explorer
Ok this is just a list I don't expect all of these to be allowed but lists!

Insignia of claws
Staff of woodlands
Dragon scale mail
Animated shield
Bag of holding
Cape of mountebank
Eversmoking bottle
Ring of elemental control
Sentinel shield
Bracers of defense

Where do we stand on magic items in wild shape?

Also Duran is having a bit of a crisis atm and I was planning on either mcing oath of ancient paladin or barbarian. Where we standing on multiclassing and stuff.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
I'm pretty lassaiz-faire about magic items in 5e since they're no longer required. I actually like the random items. About the only thing Errol really needs is magic weapons to help against things like these gargoyles and other things with resistances to non-magic weapons. Anything else is gravy.

Thateous

Explorer
I too enjoy getting useful things. I haven't quite decided if i want to finish off my know-it-all build as a rogue or a bard... I'll try to come up with something soon, but i will be fairly busy for the next 6 days.

TallIan

Explorer
I too enjoy getting useful things. I haven't quite decided if i want to finish off my know-it-all build as a rogue or a bard... I'll try to come up with something soon, but i will be fairly busy for the next 6 days.

No problem, the only items you're likely to come across in the next few encounters are minor utility items.

BTW you're up again IC, I'm guessing you're not getting notifications again?

Remove ads