D&D 5E [IC] THE CURSE OF AMBERSTAR

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Define the nature of the task. What are the dangers? Advantages for us? For you? And how do we call you?" Thulwar is getting bored with this line of conversation. It's not teaching him any wondrous new things...but there may still be hope. And all they have to do is fight some creatures they would eventually fight anyhow.

Archon Basileus

First Post
<The means to control the facility is on the seventh floor? You said the control room was on the top floor. Did I misunderstand?>

"No, you did not. The facility can be controlled by the upper consoles. But the complete database rests down below. When I said 'means to control the facility, I meant to say that the database can explain the nature of the many devices and the role of the many levels within. Our final goal should be this cluster of information, since it will allow for a more responsible flux control." - she elaborates.

"Define the nature of the task. What are the dangers? Advantages for us? For you? And how do we call you?"

"I am Amberilan" - to Thulwar, the name sounds distant, but all others immediately identify it as the name of the mount that lodges the Sanctum, the mount they climbed to find these massive dungeons. "As for the tasks, it represents small danger to your team, as far as my evaluations go. Priority one: to ensure the safety of the upper console; priority two: to eliminate threatening incursion of orcs towards the safety room within diplomatic quarters; priority three: deal with class-3 mutation roaming through the apartments within diplomatic quarters." - she doesn't seem capable of understanding a sentient concept of task, listing all urgent needs without any sense of urgency.

Neurotic

"Why is console of higher priority than living quarters? Can you provide the map and means of safe access?" Thulwar is persistent on his questions, he wouldn't be an alchemist otherwise. "Images of those creatures and mutations if you can show them would help as would any additional data you can provide."

Archon Basileus

First Post
EVERYONE

"Why is console of higher priority than living quarters? Can you provide the map and means of safe access?"

"Potential access to the console might allow specific menace-type entities to compromise control over the area. Also, living areas on this floor have been reported evacuated shortly after the incident that led to the lockdown."

"I can provide maps and instructions, as well as facilitate entry in superior halls. I can't, however, guarantee that the errant specimens won't attack. So far, they have been maintained in confinement, so as to restrain the amount of damage they're capable of delivering. Part of the structure has been damaged by their passage, turning available data somehow outdated. Still, some images remain." - as she speaks, all sorts of schematics and images appear before the heroes. Maps repeat themselves, giving place to new ones, representing the circular structure of the Inner Sanctum. As for the specimens, three images are imprinted in everyones' minds, simply from their striking oddness: an ogre with infected skin and pustules in a crooked back, followed by goblins covered in viscous ooze; a moving corpse, gleaming green eyes, trapped within a bronze-like armor by tubes and cables.

MAP LINKS

Inner Sanctum Layers

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qdENqsDJNoZufSFFkU1y9xd9nK-119mUXmlMVo0s8Nk/edit

Abandoned Palatine Area

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AKPxBfWS1TbDIxqdW-Rw9jRBie5A8ta0n2xYV9EGbFs/edit

Amberstar - The first terraformed city

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JbIl13PvW64jzGBYAm117zANO1jnvIYyU5LbV34MQSc/edit

@JustinCase @Shayuri @Greenmtn @Neurotic @industrygothica @hafrogman

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Icosa goes to the display and addresses it. "We require a map showing the most direct route to the top floor control room."

Then he adds, "And another map showing the most direct route from the top floor control room to the location of the main database on the lowest level."

Archon Basileus

First Post
"All levels can be reached by the round elevator located on the back of the pavilion. Access to the lower levels has been restricted, though, as a security measure. Access to the upper room might allow you to reprogram the elevator routes, granting access to the mainframe below." - Amberilan continues.

"Also, the tram allows indirect access through the living quarters and the generator levels below. It has been deactivated, but it might be brought back into work by the panel above, as well, should you succeed in reaching it. Our joint efforts could allow me to retake control of such resources."
[MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] [MENTION=6776182]JustinCase[/MENTION] [MENTION=6855102]Greenmtn[/MENTION] [MENTION=23298]industrygothica[/MENTION] [MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] [MENTION=8858]hafrogman[/MENTION]

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Aanzu growls back at those still at the console.

"Move the little paws! The throne waits for the prince!"

OOC: Aanzu's getting impatient... ;)

Greenmtn

Explorer
Harfik Human Monk

"If going up will help us go down easier... Get past entire levels without conflict. We should do that." Harfik breaks his silence.

Neurotic

Aanzu growls back at those still at the console.

"Move the little paws! The throne waits for the prince!"

OOC: Aanzu's getting impatient... ;)

"It has waited for years, it can wait some more. What use is a throne to a dead prince? Patience, warrior. You can go by yourself, you really shouldn't, but you can." Thulwar is getting annoyed with the dragonborn. Years of experiments taught him that it is better to go slow and safe than rush into something and hope you survive the explosion.

Archon Basileus

First Post
EVERYONE

Amberilan's attentions seem to shift towards Harfik and Icosa, now. The door in the back suddenly opens with a loud hiss, cold gases rolling out of the chamber beyond. The door takes some time to open, at first, as if it's been like that for a long time.

"If going up will help us go down easier... Get past entire levels without conflict. We should do that." Harfik breaks his silence.

"Through that door lies the passage towards the elevator. I can bring it online as you reach it. Should I do so, now?" - she asks as a magical servant would.
Icosa goes to the display and addresses it. "We require a map showing the most direct route to the top floor control room."

Then he adds, "And another map showing the most direct route from the top floor control room to the location of the main database on the lowest level."

Jocasta's voice rings once more. "Be careful in there. the rogue entity might take control of the environment at a moment's notice, and I am not sure if this virtual servant would be capable of protecting you from it." - she falls silent, her voice weakening and breaking up all of a sudden.
[MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] [MENTION=6776182]JustinCase[/MENTION] [MENTION=6855102]Greenmtn[/MENTION] [MENTION=23298]industrygothica[/MENTION] [MENTION=8858]hafrogman[/MENTION]

Remove ads