D&D 5E Neverwinter & the North (LMoP campaign sequel)

Unwise

Adventurer
I can't give much wide sweeping advice, but does the PC still have the cursed item? What I did was have a 'benefactor' that was quiet obviously evil-ish offer to cure the guy of the curse for free and take that nasty cursed item off his hands for safe keeping too. It seems like a great deal, but it led to some interesting RP as the guy wanted to be cured, but the rest of the party did not want to give the cursed item away, fearing it would be used for ill.

If they do give it away, other important people get struck down the the curse at some point, or in the case of a book, as cult starts up exploring its dark secrets.

phantomK9

Explorer
Just wanted to say thanks for posting all your play recaps. Not only did I find them entertaining, but your description of LMoP convinced me to go out and get a copy of the starter set for myself.

Once I start running the game, I plan on linking the lost mine to the 3e book I have called "City of the Spider Queen". Of course that is supposed to be for 10+ level characters, so I might have to throw in other things along the way.

Really looking forward to continuing to read your posts.

Nebulous

Legend
I can't give much wide sweeping advice, but does the PC still have the cursed item? What I did was have a 'benefactor' that was quiet obviously evil-ish offer to cure the guy of the curse for free and take that nasty cursed item off his hands for safe keeping too. It seems like a great deal, but it led to some interesting RP as the guy wanted to be cured, but the rest of the party did not want to give the cursed item away, fearing it would be used for ill.

If they do give it away, other important people get struck down the the curse at some point, or in the case of a book, as cult starts up exploring its dark secrets.

That's a good approach. The Sewers of the Underguild from Quests of Doom actually fits perfectly into the adventure, combining as with the newly formed Chasm, the Book of the Black Spider and the portal to Evernight (both the Sewer map and the Evernight map have a river of Filth)

So either A) The leader of the Cult of Ashmadai, Sangre, will offer to remove the curse on the Elf he if becomes a vampire member of their eilte club (which is essentially like the shadowgovernment of Neverwinter)

B) The Ashmadai leader Sangre doesn't know how to get rid of the curse, or care, he wants its power for himself, and isn't scared of Keraptis or consequences

C) PCs have to enter Evernight and throw the book into the elemental fire of the Shadowfell river that flows through the city of the undead.

We didn't play last night, I wasn't feeling well so it will be another week.

Nebulous

Legend
Just wanted to say thanks for posting all your play recaps. Not only did I find them entertaining, but your description of LMoP convinced me to go out and get a copy of the starter set for myself.

Once I start running the game, I plan on linking the lost mine to the 3e book I have called "City of the Spider Queen". Of course that is supposed to be for 10+ level characters, so I might have to throw in other things along the way.

Really looking forward to continuing to read your posts.

Thanks. I cannot stress how great I thought LMoP was. I wish I was still running it :(. I'm having to put quite a bit of work into cobbling together the story now, and it's time consuming.

Nebulous

Legend
So for those who are following these last sessions of Lost Mine of Phandelver, I'm doing some heavily homebrew stuff and pulling from the 4e Neverwinter Campaign Guide and Quests of Doom - Sewers of the Underguild. The Cult of Ashmadai are a vampiric cult of Asomdeus worshipers and the PC Elgweth the elf has inadvertently given them the Book of the Black Spider (the Curse of Keraptis) - which was the whole curse and plot point of Return to White Plume Mountain by Bruce Cordell. My players did not take any of the plot hooks for White Plume Mountain so it has all been shifted to Neverwinter in the pre-cataclysm days before the Spellplague. Neverwinter is still rocked by an earthquake from Mt. Hotenow but it is not anywhere near citywide destruction. Instead, it opens up the sewer tunnels where the Cult of Ashmadai operate, and they happen to have the cursed book the PC was actively working on.

I am wrapping this campaign arc up soon and moving to Princes of the Apocalypse soon with all new PCs.

Remove ads