EverQuest! OOC

Delusion

First Post
It has been several years since the combined forces of Kelethin and Felwithe drove the Crushbone orcs from their mighty keep deep within the woods of the Greater Faydark. It appeared to all during that time that Clan Crushbone had been silenced once and for all and would trouble the world of Norrath no more. They were wrong.

Indeed, many orcs were slain in the battle for Crushbone Keep, and the survivors were forced to flee. However, enough remained that they were able to survive for years in the Faydark. After striking a secret alliance with the Deathfist orcs and a small number of ogres and trolls, they mounted an assault on a hidden dwarven stronghold in the Butcherblock Mountains known as the Khundrukar - or in the common tongue, the Glitterhame.

The Glitterhame belonged to a wise and powerful dwarf named Durgeddin. Durgeddin was a master smith who forged blades of surpassing quality and power. He and his followers perished in the assault, and surely much of his wealth was taken away and distributed amongst the orcs and their allies. The dwarves of Kaladim, however have claimed that the deepest and best hidden vaults and armories have escaped the looting, and that some of Durgeddin's extraordinary blades still wait in the darkness for a hand bold enough to claim one.

Whether this is true or a clever way to convince adventurers to help the dwarves in their cause is unknown. However, the dwarves are still willing to pay 25 gold coins for every orc scalp brought to them - a handsome reward, no doubt, even if the bit about magical blades is dwarven trickery... but then again, maybe it isn't...

Hello and welcome. This is a game set in the world of Norrath using the Everquest RPG books published by Sword & Sorcery Studios. As you've probably guessed, this particular adventure is a dungeon crawl (in actuality, it's a slightly tweaked version of the Forge of Fury). Rolling will be done by you guys using Invisible Castle. I'll accept character applications until September 30th, when I will pick and choose 4-5 characters that will delve into the darkness shrouded depths of the Khundrukar.

Character Creation Guidelines:
Starting Level: 3
Ability Scores: 32 point-buy
Starting Gold: 3000 gp
Books Allowed: EverQuest RPG material only

House Rules:

Tradeskills: To encourage the use of tradeskills, you are presumed to have an unlimited amount of time to craft items before the start of the first adventure and between future adventures. However, you still must pay for the components required to make the item, and can only make 20 of the same item for the purpose of selling it (after making and selling these 20 items, you may still make more for personal use only). In addition to advancing your tradeskill level as described in the DMG by practicing your trade and spending experience points, you may also spend regular skill points on tradeskills (there is still no character level+3 limit). Also, there is no need to buy a new set of tools every time you advance a skill level, but you still must buy a new set every time you roll a natural one on a tradeskill check. Be sure to save all your checks on Invisible Castle.

Gaining Spells: In addition to being able to find/buy new spells, you also automatically gain new spells every other time you level up. For every odd numbered level you reach not including level one, you gain 2 spells of the newest available level of spellcasting available to you and 1 spell of every spellcasting level below it. For example, a 2nd level enchanter has 4 1st level spells to start with. Upon reaching 3rd level, she gains 2 2nd level spells and 1 1st level spell. This is in addition to any spells she may have found/purchased.

Last edited:

scranford

Explorer
I'm thinking about a High Elf Cleric. Don't see many Elven Clerics. I'll work on the background and character concept this evening. Do you want to see the complete character or just a concept? I would hate to spend the time to develop a whole character and then not get in, but if thats required I'll do so. Might even consider a multclass Cleric/Bard just to put a new twist on the whole Cleric thing.

Arkhandus

First Post
Glee! :heh:

I'll have to check my laptop to see what EQ d20 character concepts I had brainstormed earlier, before I decide what one I'd like to play..... But for reference, I'm partial to both gnomes and enchanters. :heh: So it's possible I'll use a gnome enchanter idea, and at least it's suitable to the continent we're starting on... :cool:

I have just a few questions for now.....
1, you mention rolling for stats in the post, but then list 32 point buy for ability scores. Which is it supposed to be, and if it is supposed to be rolling, then what dicerolling method should be used (i.e. standard D&D 4d6 drop lowest and arrange to taste, or whatever).

2, since I haven't had any chances so far to pick up the EQ Game Master's Guide, I don't know the details of Trade Skill use, so when they're useable I'll need to be informed of the results or of what I can make with whatever TS my character ends up with.... :\

3, also regarding the GMG, I'd have to ask for some info on magic items once I figure out what character concept I'll use (since the GMG has the details on EQ magic items as far as I know).

Delusion

First Post
When I mentioned you guys rolling using Invisible Castle earlier in the post, I was talking about combat and skill checks and the like, not ability scores. Sorry for not specifying. I would allow you to roll your own scores, but I'd like everyone to be statistically equal.

Just let me know what tradeskill and magic items you need to know about and I'll see what I can do.

Caliber

Explorer
The idea here would be for a snobbish, extremely intelligent Erudite, who happens to be very aware of his own intelligence. He doesn't mean to be rude, but he is quick to point this out to anyone who listens, while perhaps insulting their own intelligence without meaning to.

Also, I don't have the GM's Guide so I don't have any magical items to pick from. Anything boosting Int, or perhaps some saves or AC would be nice. Looking at the list of magical items that can be downloaded from the website, I see Gossamer Robes only cost 1800gp. I dunno what they do, but maybe he wants some of those? :heh:

Edit: Ok, I bought some magical stuff. I hocked the gems I had, as well as some coins, got a regular dagger instead of MW, and reduced my personal log from a 50 page book to a 25 pager. In exchange I picked up a Sheer Bone Mask and a Bat Hide Wristband, whose +1 Int I am assuming stack.

[sblock=Stats]Deeboo

Class: Wizard 3
Race: Erudite
Size: Medium
Alignment: ON
Diety: Prexus

Abilities:
STR: 6/-2 (2 pts, -4 racial)
DEX: 10/+0 (4 pts, -2 racial)
CON: 14/+2 (6 pts)
INT: 26/+8 (12 pts, +6 racial, +2 item)
WIS: 14/+2 (4 pts, +2 racial)
CHA: 6/-1 (-2 racial)

Derived:
Speed: 30'
Init: +4
Training: 0 (15 - 7 (feat) - 8 (resists))
HP: 2d4+10 (15, Rolls)
Mana: 48 (8 x 2 x 3)

Attacks:
BAB: +1
Grapple: -1
Melee: -1
Ranged: +1
Dagger (Melee): -1, 1d3-1/19-20/x2
Dagger (Thrown): +1, 1d3-1/19-20/x2, 10' RI

Defenses:
AC: 12, Touch 10, Flat Footed 12
Fort: +3
Ref: +1
Will: +5
Acid Resist: 0
Cold Resist: 3
Disease Resist: -1
Electricity Resist: 0
Fire Resist: 3
Magic Resist: 2
Poison Resist: 0
Sonic Resist: 0

Languages:
Common +12, Erudite +12, Dragon +12, Elder Erudin +12

Perceptions:
Spot +4 (-4 in low-light), Listen +4, Search +8

Abilities:
Racial: Bad Eyesight, -4 Spot in low-light
Class: Proficient with all simple 1HB, 2HB, Piercing, and Thrown
Class: Quicken Mastery, can choose to quicken any Wizard spell for +300% mana (x4 cost)

Feats:
Level: Quest Spell
Training: Improved Initiative

Spellcasting:
1st - Frost Bolt, Minor Shielding, Numbing Cold, Shock of Frost, Sphere of Light
2nd - Fade, Gate, Icestrike, O'Keils Radiation, Root, See Invisible, Shock of Fire
Commonly Prepared:
O'Keils Radiation - 3 mana, 30', +1 save vs fire, fire resist +2, damage shield 1, 5 rounds (D)
Shock of Frost - 1 mana, 130', 1d6 cold, Ref 19 halves
Shock of Fire - 2 mana, 130', 3d6 fire, Ref 20 halves
Quested Icestrike - 7 mana, 130', 1d10 cold/round in 20' radius, 3 rounds, Ref 20 halves
Fade - 2 mana, d4 direction, 1d10x5 feet
Gate - 12 mana, teleports to bind point
Root - 5 mana, 130', 1d8 duration, Ref 20 negates
See Invisible - 4 mana, 30', 30 minutes (D)

Skills: (66 Ranks Total)
Channeling: +8 (6 ranks)
Knowledge (Mysticism): +14 (6 ranks)
Knowledge (Planar Travel): +14 (6 ranks)
Knowledge (Geography): +14 (6 ranks)
Knowledge (History): +14 (6 ranks)
Language (Dragon): +12 (4 ranks)
Language (Elder Erudin): +12 (4 ranks)
Language (Erudin): +12 (4 ranks, racial)
Language (Common): +12 (4 ranks, racial)
Listen: +4 (4 ranks, CC)
Meditation: +14 (6 ranks)
Profession (Sage): +4 (2 ranks)
Spellcraft: +14 (6 ranks)
Spot: +4 (4 ranks, CC)
Swim: +2 (6 ranks, CC)

Equipment:
Carried / Worn
Bat Hide Wristband ($925/0.5-lbs) - Int +1, disease resistance -1
Sheer Bone Mask ($1050/1.5-lbs) - Int +1
Dagger ($2/1-lb)
Raw Silk Robes ($500/7-lbs)
(2) Beltpouch ($2/1-lb)
Waterskin ($1/4-lbs)
8 oz Ink ($8/*-lbs)
Ink Pen ($0.10/*-lbs)
Personal Log ($10/*-lbs)
Chalk ($0.01/*-lbs)
Bedroll ($0.10/5-lbs)
(5) 2nd Level Spells ($500/*-lbs)
7sp, 9cp
WT: 20 lbs/Light Load[/sblock]

[sblock=Description]Age: 28
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 163 lbs.
Eyes: Green
Hair: Black, kept cropped very short
Skin: Dark Olive
Distinctive Traits: Numerous spider-like arcane sigils trail upwards from back of hands into sleeves[/sblock]

[sblock=Background]Born with an amazing intellect, even for an Erudite, Deeboo at first fit right in at the Order of the Crimson Hand. Excelling in his studies, his personal tutelage was often a hotly contested item between the various Wizards there. All of this attention, however, did little for Deeboo's emotional upbringing, and he soon found himself friendless and mostly alone, save for the company of his parents and teachers.

After a shorter than usual apprenticeship, Deeboo decided to continue his studies, making a living as a Sage, investigating the mysteries of magic and the planes among the thousands of books within the Odus Library. He gained a talent with not only the tongue of Dragons, but that of Ancient Erudites, and spent countless hours searching for books that would further extend his findings of the past.

Unfortunately, even after his apprenticeship ended, his isolation did not. Unable to help himself, Deeboo dove into his work, paying little attention to those who could not help him in his research, further driving those who might have been his friends away. It wasn't long before his behavior resulted in his avoidance by many, a fact that puzzled Deeboo to no end. When Deeboo's parents passed away during a vicious assault from Paineel, Deeboo found he had lost more than his parents. He had lost the only people in Odus who were truly friendly towards him.

Deciding a change was in order, Deeboo took what inheritence he had received from his parent's death, and closed his house down, hanging a sign to inform others that the Sage of Deepwater would return at some time in the future.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

scranford

Explorer
Faryellin - High Elf Cleric of Tunare

Faryellin hated Orcs. He had hated them ever since he could remember. His grandfather was killed by orcs, as was his father. His Great Uncle was crippled by an Orc Battleaxe, and two of his older sisters, and one older brother were casualties of the wars with the Crushbone Orcs. Even now he had many cousins, uncles, and aunts that served with the rangers of the elven people to keep the land safe from these Orcs.

His mother however refused to let him follow in the warrior tradition of the rest of the family. He was slight when compared to the rest of the family, and lacked the physical dexterity to be an effective warrior...He was sent to study with the Priests and Clerics of Tunare. There he learned that he could indeed be a factor in the ongoing battle against the Crushbones. So here he was ready to do his part in the defense of he elves.

Voadam

Legend
I have the PH but not the DMG as well. Where is that download of magic items?

I was thinking of making a multiclass ranger wizard, but I might go with a ranger/monk concept based on there already being a full wizard concept proposed.

Remove ads