• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E 1/2 Orcs in 4E (Rich Baker scoop)

The Ubbergeek

First Post
Steely Dan said:
Okay, so while they were tastefully and flavourfully spinning, couldn't they have at least spun out a different name for the chaps?

And so, why not for the dwarves of D&D by example, the race who stayed the closest to tolkien's ideas?

Steely Dan

Banned
Banned
The Ubbergeek said:
And so, why not for the dwarves of D&D by example, the race who stayed the closest to tolkien's ideas?

Because dwarves, as I said earlier, have a historical and mythological precedent.

…But are they not now called stunties…?

The Ubbergeek

First Post
Steely Dan said:
Because dwarves, as I said earlier, have a historical and mythological precedent.

…But are they not now called stunties…?

Do they really are close to historical and mythological bases? For one example, the mythological dwarves LOVED magic, as far I know.

Steely Dan

Banned
Banned
The Ubbergeek said:
Do they really are close to historical and mythological bases? For one example, the mythological dwarves LOVED magic, as far I know.

And dwarves can have a romantic relationship with magic as of 3rd Ed (before if you house-ruled).

The Ubbergeek

First Post
Steely Dan said:
And dwarves can have a romantic relationship with magic as of 3rd Ed (before if you house-ruled).

Grognards didn't like that bit and I heard a few houseruled that dwarves just can't do the arcane.

Steely Dan

Banned
Banned
The Ubbergeek said:
Grognards didn't like that bit and I heard a few houseruled that dwarves just can't do the arcane.

Yeah, I heard that – whatever gets you through the D&D day.

Got to go home now – nice chatting with you Ubbergeek, I like your style.

sckeener

First Post
The moderators cordially invite the members to use some common sense when posting. This was so far from appropriate that it wrapped around and smacked itself on the back of the head.

Use better judgment next time, please.

Post deleted.

~ Piratecat

Last edited by a moderator:

frankthedm

First Post
3e half orcs

Heres a refresher image for how the orc and half orc is supposed to look.

http://www.toddlockwood.com/galleries/concept/02/degrees_orcdom.shtml
degreesorcdompk6.jpg

Last edited:

buzz

Adventurer
sckeener said:
Second issue I haven't seen mentioned...the biggest fantasy among women is rape.
You know, I am in no way surprised that this hobby has a hard time attracting new people. Not at all.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads