2 Years of Eric Noah + 8 Years of Morrus = 10 years of EN World!

Old One

First Post
Just thinking a bit about all the life changes during that time frame (joined up in the fall of 1999)...

1) Marriage
2) 2 kids
3) Moved from NC to MD
4) Bought and sold 2 houses
5) Played a very successful 3-year 3E game (been in a virtually non-gaming slump for the past couple of years)
6) Started 2 new business
7) Went from late 30s to late 40s

Wow...

Big thanks to Eric for cranking it up, to Morrus for keeping it running, for the generous folks that have opened their wallets several times to keep everything afloat, to the Mods that keep it Grandma friendly and to all the folks I have met - either in person or digitally - over the last decade.

~ OO

Last edited:

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Reading this thread makes me feel happy just to be able to hang out around here. :D

Anyway, thanks to everyone involved for starting and running this site. I don't actually game a whole lot, so I can say for sure that EN World is what keeps me involved in the hobby, and I think the mods and admins have really done a great job in developing an intelligent and polite community here.

Wow, 10 years. From my count I've been lurking since 2002 sometime. I used to spend hours just reading through various forums threads. It took me until the middle of August 2003 before I signed up to be a member. Since then though I feel like I've been a bit of a regular. Even to this day, even if I don't post as much as a couple of years ago, EN World is still one of the first sites I visit when I surf the net.

Thank you to Eric for creating EN World and Morrus for continuing to make it such a great place to come back to. To all the mods and all the other posters, thanks for making EN World an awesome community.

Here's to another 10 years (and more)! :D

Olaf the Stout

coyote6

Adventurer
Ten years? Dang. That's like an eon in Internet time, isn't it?

Thanks to Messrs. Noah & Morrissey, and P-cat and all the other admins & mods. Here's to ten more years! :p

well I lurked for a few years here, then loged in, and I have to say this is now one of my fav sites on the web.

I wasn't here for the 3e switch, but when the 4e stuff started comeing out we had better lists of info and links then even WotC did...

so here is to 10 more years...and at least 1 more edtion ;)

Friadoc

Explorer
It was during my time working at an ISP in Boise, Idaho that I first started lurking around the site. Of course that was due to my running one of the playtest groups for 3e, which lead to other playtests for WotC, but it was the 3e one, as well as the site, that lead to some awesome opportunities for myself.

If I remember rightly, it was here that I saw word of the Open Call from Sword & Sorcery Studios, for Relics & Rituals, which is where my first published credit appears. It was also here that I saw the Open Call from Bastion Press for Critical Hits: Torn Asunder and saw the chance to do a PDF product for Ronin Arts, too. Pretty cool place and I've only touched on the professional ways it's changed my gaming life, I've not even talked about the Play by Post forums.

Happy Birthday, EN World!

Rel

Liquid Awesome
I guess I found this place in January of 2000. I got the 3e books for Christmas and had a rules question ("Was it a free action to reload a bow?"). Everybody was so nice that I stayed on and I've loved this place ever since.

To say that ENWorld has changed my life would be an understatement. It's one of the first places I go each morning while drinking my coffee. It's (obviously) one of the last places I go at night before I head to bed. Three times a year I organize the NC Game Days. Our next one, in October, will be the twentieth one. That's just amazing.

But it is no less amazing than the friends that I've made here. Through the NC Game Days and GenCon I have become friends with people I'd never have known had it not been for ENWorld. Just tonight I arrived home from a trip where I got to see at least three other members of the site. And a bit over a month ago my whole family did an 11 day road trip up the east coast to DC, New York and Boston. Who did we stay with and visit? You guessed it, it was all ENWorlders.

To the members here, you have provided me with countless hours of entertainment and information. You've made my games better and I hope that I've returned the favor once in a while. Thanks for being the lifeblood of the site.

And to my fellow moderators, you are all exemplary people whom I'm happy to call friends. All of you do a thankless job and you certainly do it better than me most of the time. Even Piratecat who somehow finds time to be a great admin despite the fact that he's so busy texting me about boobs. ;)

Eric, you started an amazing thing and you should be very proud. One of my few regrets associated with ENWorld is never having met you in person. One of these days, mister...

Kaodi

Hero
Unfortunately, dragons do not seem to advance an age category upon reaching ten year of age.

*sigh*

The opportunities missed; for really bad jokes.

:)

Remove ads