• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

2005 January-April Wizards products

dargoth3

First Post
edbonny said:
Yessirree Mr. Celt! Yes, it does. :D

Ed will Ancient empires be "THE Source book" for the Old empires kingdoms?

Does Unther and Mulhorand get a write up in AE similar to what Thay/Thesk etc got in The Unapprachable east?

Li Shenron

Legend
buzz said:
Everything that's not combat and casting spells, which is a LOT of stuff. I think there's a truckload of material that could be written about skill use alone; skills get way overlooked in D&D, or at least the games that I play in. How about introducing a PC version of a class like the Expert? That would rawk.

This the Complete book I've been looking forward to the most.

What I was trying to say is that there are very few specific features of the Rogue and Bard classes which aren't covered by the first 3 complete books, basically bardic music is probably not going to be expanded much and could be done in CArcane. That was just to reply to the comment about CAdventurer to be a book for Rogues and Bards. I really hope it's going to be more a classless book like CWarrior!

qstor

Adventurer
Buzz, I think it's lame that WOTC puts these settings in D20 Modern and before the book comes out, mentions that setting books will be published for all of them.

I guess that Urban Arcana didn't sell that well so they decided not to support a lot of d20 Modern products.

Mike

Tumbler

First Post
Urban Arcana seemed like the most bland and uninteresting of the settings in D20 modern to me.

As for d20 Past and Masque of the Red Death, Sword and Sorcery is publishing Masque d20 in September. Here's hoping they don't screw it up, or I'll have to build the thing myself since I've already talked my group into playing it.

buzz

Adventurer
qstor said:
Buzz, I think it's lame that WOTC puts these settings in D20 Modern and before the book comes out, mentions that setting books will be published for all of them.
Are you talking about the settings in the d20M book? IIRC, Urban Arcana was the only setting book WotC had planned to do, and the only one they ever announced (it was the inspiration for d20M in the first place, actually; i.e., it came first, development-wise). I seem to remember people asking about full books for Shadow Chasers and Agents of PSI, and WotC specifically saying there were no plans to do so, barring runaway sales.

If you can point me to a link that shows otherwise, though, I'd be very interested.

Last edited:

buzz said:
Are you talking about the settings in the d20M book? IIRC, Urban Arcana was the only setting book WotC had planned to do, and the only one they ever announced (it was the inspiration for d20M in the first place, actually; i.e., it came first, development-wise). I seem to remember people asking about full books for Shadow Chasers and Agents of PSI, and WotC specifically saying there were no plans to do so, barring runaway sales.

If you can point me to a link that shows otherwise, though, I'd be very interested.
I'm pretty sure one of the other two was in an older Poly issue...don't remember which setting or issue, though.

Staffan

Legend
arnwyn said:
I certainly disagree. The Heartlands have been done to death.
What was the last full sourcebook that covered the Western Heartlands again (that wasn't a guide to what inns were good/bad)? Dragon Coast?

I mean, I could see holding off on the Moonsea, or Cormyr, or even the Dalelands, but the Western Heartlands and Dragon Coast desperately cry out for sourcebooks.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads