• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D (2024) 2024 PHB Race discussion

Yaarel

Hurra for syttende mai!
download-jpeg.258352

@Aldarc

That feels too close to true to be funny.

The D&D Players Handbook designers are holding a gun to the head of D&D worldbuilders.

Yaarel

Hurra for syttende mai!
Stop engaging in gross hyperbole. They are doing NOTHING of the sort.
They wrote "gods" in the human race entry.

As if to be human, one must be a polytheist.

The intellectual violence is a gross violation of reallife inclusivity.

the loss of the half-elf saddens me. I don't mind "your character can have any parents they want!". In fact I would like more nods to reskinning. But the half-elf as a thing is very D&D, and they have been a popular race option over the years.
the idea of having rules to cross any 2 races is amazing (and leads to nothing but joy) but taking the 2 cross races we had that HAD there own identity and abilities in 5e is annoying... half orcs are not orcs, and are losing there endurance.

Horwath

Legend
the idea of having rules to cross any 2 races is amazing (and leads to nothing but joy) but taking the 2 cross races we had that HAD there own identity and abilities in 5e is annoying... half orcs are not orcs, and are losing there endurance.
If we get some racial (gene) pointbuy system like in PF1, we could create every custom race or half-breed combination.
Or quarter-breed; my mommy was a half orc-human, and daddy was half dwarf-bugbear :D

Remove ads