• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

24 - 4e style

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
The nearby handler of the guard beast screams in anguish and charges forward, targeting Mirage.

Charge (1d20+13=26) Damage 6

The wolf rages for Garricks blood and follows the thief. He snap at his legs and the halflings falls down.

[sblock]Yes (my) Dire Wolf can shift through difficult terrain like an elf.)[/sblock]

Bites (+2 combat advantage) (1d20+8=28, 1d8+4=10) Critical; damage 12 but Aegis of shielding eats up 8.

Meanwhile, Nathan realizes belatedly that there are small openings in the wall of the house to allow a sniper to shoot through.

Stealth; Dwarven Brother 2 (1d20+11=22) VS 14

Crossbow bolt (1d20+14=31) VS 25

Damage (1d8+3=11, 1d6=5)

But his troubles are not over. The two guard in sight between the barn and the alley charge his position and a third who was out of sight behind the house turn the corner and also charge. Two of the three manage to slip in with their short swords.

3 attacks, 6 damage apiece. (1d20+13=15, 1d20+13=31, 1d20+13=26) VS AC 25

Finally, exploiting the flanking opportunity presented by the guards, the Tiefling moves in position and just manages to connect. Immediately Nathan's body feels like it is on fire as he realize the blade was poisoned.

Short sword, +2 combat advanatge, +1 bloodied (1d20+15=26, 1d6+5=8) VS AC 25

Secondry atack, poison (1d20+10=21) VS fortitude 19

The Dwarven brother who was talking to the Tiefling looks up at the intruder, realize that there is a fellow dwarf and roars in angers. He charges Dagran, wielding a huge hammer of his own. He manages to hit Dagran squarely in the chest.

charge (1d20+12=29, 1d10+3=7)

Finally, of the barn and the house opens. One guard exit the house but, far more worrisome and surprising, two lumbreing zombies exit from the barn as another guard urges them to charge the intruders! A dangerous looking frosty aura surrounds them.

Relevant Status

Wolf; 12/67, bloodied, marked, cursed, -2 to attack

Dagran: 59/66
Garrick 38/42 ; Prone
Nathan: 20/56 ; bloodied, poisoned 5 (save end)
Mirage 43/49

I rolled pretty well, didn't I?

[sblock=Stats]
Dire Wolf (Dir)

AC 19
for 18
ref 17
Will 16
OA: +10 1d8+4

Human guards (H)

Minions

AC 19 (21)
Fort 17 (19)
Ref 14 (16)
Will 15 (17)

OA +12, damage 6

IMPORTANT! : Mob Rule; if there is 3 human within 5 square, use the score in parenthesis. Pay attention Velmont, yours all qualify.

The hammer dwarf

AC 23; Fortitude 18, Refl ex 15, Will 17
AoO: +11, 1d10+3

The crossbow dwarf:
AC 19; Fortitude 17, Refl 17, Will 16

Currently has superior cover against Nathan and no one else has line of sight.
You have to be within the area I have drawn on the map.

The Tiefling

AC 20; Fortitude 17, Refl ex 19, Will 17
Resist Fire 12
AoO: +12 (+13 bloodied), 1d6+5
Secondary attack : poison 5, +10 VS fortitude

The Zombies

AC 22; Fortitude 20, Refl ex 16, Will 16
Cold Aura 2, if you start within 2 square or enter the aura you take 5 damae of cold.
Immune to poison, resist 10 cold and necrotic
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Smugglers2.jpg

Map

Relevant Status after everyone acted (below)

As of the end of round 1

Wolf; 1/67, bloodied, cursed, -2 to attack (now at V22)
Tiefling: 51/64, marked
Zombie 1 : 58/71 ; slowed
Dwarf Hammerer : 54/64 ; Marked

Dagran: 59/66 ; No AP, +2 to hit against Dwarf Hammerer
Garrick 38/42 ;
Nathan: 53/66 ; -1 surge
Mirage 43/49

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
Suggestion: Mirage should delay after me

As the wolf attack Garrick protect him, but also teleport the DireWolf next to him (V22), swipping through his fur.

Seeing the people gathering around him, he concentrate on his sword that let's out a burst of enrgy around him, striking solidely a human and the tiefling. Marking the Tiefling, he teleport next to Dargan.

[Sblock=OOC]If you allow it, with the interrupt against the Dire Wolf, I use Transposing Lounge.
Interrupt: Transposing Loundge:
Transporting lunge against Dire Wolf (1d20+11=21, 2d8+6=11) and teleport the wolf to V22

Standard: Swordburst:
Swordburt:
Tiefling: 1d20+8=24, 1d8+5=13
Dire Wolf:1d20+8=12, 1d8+5=13
Human[U21]: 1d20+8=24, 1d8+5=13
Human[U22]: 1d20+8=9, 1d8+5=12,
Human[W22]: 1d20+8=15, 1d8+5=12

What a waste of good damage roll...

Minor: Mark the Tiefling

Move: Armathor's Step, Teleport where the Dire was (S16) if the square is empty by Nathan action, or Q16 if the square is occupied. Instead let Barrion take his place.

Saving Throw: Saving Throw (1d20=11) [/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
After muttering a curse upon the soul of the human who approached close to his position, Barrion decides to pull Nathan out of trouble.

He steps through the Feywild, swapping positions with Nathan. Those surrounding Nathan see him reappear in the woods where Barrion was standing, but the mystic forces Barrion commands keep him obscured from the three humans and the tiefling. The wolf, however, knows he's there. Before the wolf can act, Barrion explodes in a nexus of arcane energy, propelling him back through the feywild, directly behind Leyra.

In the wake of the destructive arcane energy, one of the human guards lay unconscious on the ground, and the tiefling looks minorly wounded and magically bound to the point where he stands.

Though arcane mists still suround Barrion, the enemies on the battlefield get a pretty good idea of what just happened to them as they see the Eladrin materialize behind the Elven cleric.

[sblock=ooc]
Minor: Curse human closest to me.
Move: Use Fey Switch to swap places with Nathan (I presume he's willing?). Since I have moved more than 3 squares from where I started the turn, I still have concealment (from the Warlock Class feature Shadow Walk) and therefore, combat advantage against the guards and the tiefling.
Standard: I use Otherwind Stride. vs. Fortitude (Including Combat advantage for attacking from invisible). Tiefling (Hit), U21 Human, U22 Human (Hit), W22 Human (1d20+11=18, 1d20+11=13, 1d20+11=23, 1d20+11=13) Otherwind Stride on Dire Wolf (1d20+9=12) (miss) and damage: Damage for Otherwind Stride (1d8+6=11). I am no longer hidden. I am, however more than 3 squares from where I started, so I have concealment.

Tiefling takes 11 damage and is immobilized until the end of my next turn; Human Minion in square U22 goes down.

My Stats:
Initiative +4

Hit Points 56/56
Temporary HP 0
Healing Surges 8/8

Action Points 1
Milestones 0

Concealment: Enemies take a -2 to attack rolls against me.
Armor Class 20
Fortitude 16
Reflex 18
Will 20

OA :bmelee: +2 Pact Sword +11, 1d8+5

Passive Perception 12
Passive Insight 12
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
After seeing what Barrion want to do, here what I suggest, he delays after Nathan and Nathan doesn't teleport away, he stays there and await for Barrion to switch place.

The Digger

First Post
[sblock=Garrick]I'm back - have been for a few hours but for some reason my computer or this site keeps throwing me out! So quick post before if happens again![/sblock]
Garrick arches his back and throws himself up onto his feet, shuriken still in hand. Surprised, but not unhappy, that the wolf has 'moved' he quickly surveys the situation and decides the guard facing Mirage is his most likely target.

"Your doom is upon you villain; the Raven Queen awaits you."
[sblock=Divine Challenge]7 Radiant damage if he attacks someone other than me[/sblock]
Then, quickly drawing his dagger, he slices at the guard. Unfortunately in his haste his aim is wide. [sblock=OOC]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1803137/ [/sblock]
"Come on big fella, pick on someone my size!" he sneered at the guard to attaract his attention

Erekose13

Explorer
Mirage ignores the minion in front of him and with his globe in hand stands to his full height. Shadows seep from his eyes wrapping around his onyx horns and he holds his orb high. The orb turns pitch black as he intones, "Obscura ragio." Grasping shadows reach up from the ground around the zombies and the one human in the area. Taking advantage of the distracted mage, the human in front of him jabs Mirage.

Mirage steps back in pain towards Leyra as the targeted human falls writhing beneath the blanket of shadows. One of the zombies also feels the bite of the shadows. Drawing a small statue from his pocket, Mirage rubs the statue's face and a silhouette of himself appears between him and the Human who attacked him moments ago.

[sblock=ooc]OA on Mirage from Human (1d20 12=23) Doh got hit for 6. Couldn't figure out how to shift from his position and still target the groups. EDIT: As per DM , human didn't attack to avoid auto dmg.

Standard: Grasping Shadows on S21, targeting Zombie at R20(Hit, 13dmg),R22(Miss) and Human at S22(Hit, 13dmg). Zone stays until the end of next round (5 psychic dmg and slowed for creatures entering the zone). Z@R20;Z@R22;H@S22;DMG (1d20 10=16, 1d20 10=13, 1d20 10=24, 1d8 5=13)

Move: Shift backwards towards Leyra (S14)

Minor: use Phantom Soldier to summon an illusory flanker between him and the one opponent directly in front of him. It provides flanking only, has the same defenses as Mirage and 1hp.[/sblock][sblock=stats]Initiative +7

Hit Points 41/49
Temporary HP 0
Healing Surges 8/8

Action Points 1
Milestones 0

Armor Class 19
Fortitude 16
Reflex 19
Will 19

OA :bmelee: Dagger +5, 1d4-1

Passive Perception 14
Passive Insight 19

Character Sheet

[sblock=Power Tracker]General:
Surges 8/8
Second Wind
Action Point

Encounter:
Infernal Wrath
Grasping Shadows
Maze of Mirrors

Daily:
Phantom Chasm*/Sleep
Phantasmal Terrain*/Featherfall
Phantasmal Assailant*/Fireball
Invisibility/Disguise Self*

Item:
Orb of Imposition
Orb of Impenetrable Escape/Phantom Soldier[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
DM's errata :

[sblock]Barrion didn't automatically get Combat Advantage. Just as moving more than 3 square allows him gain Shadow Walk, it also breaks stealth (when you move more than 2 square, you need a new check at -5).

Stealth (1d20+4=11) VS 16

Without CA, Barrion's rolls were 2 points lower. The minion is still dead, but the tiefling was missed.

Garrick; It takes a move to get back on his feet and a minor to place divine challenge. That leaves no minor action to draw the dagger... But I will instead be nice and assume it was already drawn (after all, shuriken only requires one hand). :p

I'm pretty sure Leyra's healing surge should give +12 hp instead of +13. You calculated 2d6+6 but you add your wisdom so it should be +5. Correct me if I am missing a +1 somewhere (a magic item properties?). Also, please state who gets the bonus from Lance of faith (For now, I opted for Dagran since he is the one fighting the Dwarf)

Mirage : The Human was marked by Garrick's divine challenge. Since taking the attack would have killed him, he opted out and you were not hit.
Also, I do not understand where you want the Phantasm Soldier to appear. The enemy directly in front of who?
[/sblock]

Wow. You have all acted already! So I'm working on my round.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads