[3.5] Champions of Bloodscale Clan

Dragonwriter

First Post
Daragix AC 14 HP 16/20 & 8 non-lethal

Daragix growls, thanking Kurtulmak for his protection, as the leathery beast fails to get a hold on him. His eyes clouded by darkness, he takes an educated guess as to where the beastie is and stabs in return at the creature that hit him.

[sblock=OOC]
Attack rolls (attack, damage, miss chance):
13, 6, 1
[/sblock]

Last edited:

hellrazor111

First Post
Looking in the direction of the two darkmantles attacking Krixle, Aurix withdraws a sliver of bone, and speaks a few words in the arcane language. Hoping to fill the monsters minds with fearsome images.

[sblock=ooc]
Cast: Scare
# of targets:2
Duration:5 rounds
Will save DC:15 or become frightened if succeed shaken for 1 round
[/sblock]

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Ambush! (Round 1)

Zaryz blinks for a moment at the strange shift in the darkness ahead. "That is not natural...." He approaches where Daragix seemed to be standing a few moments ago, getting closer until he sees the other dragon kobold and the monster assailing Daragix.

Zaryz hisses. "Darkmantles. Do not let them strangle you! They have leathery skin, and the dark cloud is their doing!" he says with a snarl. As he does so, Zaryz focuses his will on the beast before him and Daragix, driving an unseen spear of palpable hatred into the beast's primitive mind. A bass throbbing is heard in the area, almost as loud as Zaryz's words, like distant wardrums or the stamping of hooves. The monster attacking Daragix convulses violently in mid-air, and then falls to the smooth floor. It twitches a few times, and then ceases to move.

Daragix growls, thanking Kurtulmak for his protection, as the leathery beast fails to get a hold on him. Zaryz's deadly mental attack strikes down the one flying monster. Daragix, his eyes clouded by darkness, he takes an educated guess as to where one of the beasties attacking Krixle is and stabs at the creature that hit him. The obscuring darkness, however, foils Daragix's aim.

Looking in the direction of the two darkmantles attacking Krixle, Aurix withdraws a sliver of bone, and speaks a few words in the arcane language. Hoping to fill the monsters minds with fearsome images. The spell takes hold in the beasts' minds. In a flurry of frightened motion, the remaining pair of darkmantles disengage from the unconscious Krixle and fly at speed down the corridor to the west. In mere seconds, they vanish into the blackness beyond darkvision range.

[sblock=OOC]
Since Zaryz dropped the darkmantle Daragix was attacking, I took the liberty of slightly amending Daragix's attack. The party emerges banged up but victorious after a short, brutal fight.

XP = 225 each! Huzzah!

Also, this'll be my last post until Sunday afternoon/evening at the earliest. I'm going on retreat in a few hours.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Combat Box]
Initiative Order: Monsters, Krixle, Zaryz, Daragix, Aurix
Krixle: 16 nonlethal, 15 lethal; KOd.
Daragix: 8 nonlethal, 4 lethal.
Darkmantles (3): 1 dead; 2 frightened and fled.
[/sblock]

[sblock=DM's Dice Rolls]
Monster's Will SV: 1d20=13.
Other Monsters' Will SVs: 1d20=7, 1d20=2.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Dragonwriter

First Post
Daragix walks to Krixle's unconscious form, bending down over the little whiptail.

After determining how bad Krixle's condition is, he stands up a bit. "He's bad off. Should have known not to run off like that..."

With that grumble, he gives the little savage a healing hand.

[sblock=OOC]
Cast Cure Moderate Wounds on Krixle.
Healed 16 HP

And it's fine with me, changing the target so my turn might be effective ;)
[/sblock]

Arkhandus

First Post
Zaryz nods once in satisfaction as the primitive creature clearly could not handle the force of Zaryz's will. While Aurix scattered the others with words and elements of power, and Daragix failed to slay them with crude steel, Zaryz stood in silent gloating over the lowly beast he slew with thought alone.

Eventually, he moved once more, layered armor clinking and clanking as he approached Krixle and lifted the now-conscious kobold back to his feet, thanks to Daragix's mercy.

"You failed," Zaryz told the little whiptail calmly, "don't let it happen again, Champion of the Bloodscale. Remember your place in the clan, and be more alert. We will rest an hour in the entry hall, for yours and Daragix's sake, before we move on."

Command came easily to Zaryz. Though not respected like Daragix as a priest of Kurtulmak, Zaryz rose to his position in the clan through guile and willpower. What leadership traits he lacked, he made up for with manipulation and forcefulness. Whether or not the other Champions followed his commands, Zaryz would see them serve his purposes one way or another, and right now, those purposes were to remove this menace to the clan that he intends to one day control.

Last edited:

Shaking awake like a wet dog, Krixle barely has time to stand before Zaryz makes his repremand. Turning away for most of the speech, Krixle pays about as much attention to the reprimand as he did to the darkmantles. As the speech ends, he finishes a check to ensure his person and equiptment remain intact. Still, between the bad experience with the pit from before, and now the flier ambush, Krixle realizes the benifits of remaining with the rest of the kobolds. Still, the idea of remaining within sight of other kobolds at all times still raises revulsion in Krixle, but he will have to come to terms with it in order to maintain his new place in the clan.

"I'm fine now. The darkflights will not catch Krixle by surprise again."

Even though he claims to be fine, he still makes for the entry hall, aparently intent on his rest.

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
OOC: Head cold + students' final exams + egregious behavior from students with emotional disturbances + extra work for my online class = me being very tired. I'll update things ASAP. Meanwhile, you all can interact with each other in character. Won't that be fun!?

:D

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
OOC: Okay! I'm ready to get this game going again. All I need is some direction for you, the players. What's the plan?

[sblock=HP Status]
Krixle: 15 lethal.
Daragix: 8 nonlethal, 4 lethal.
[/sblock]

Arkhandus

First Post
Zaryz waits for the others to get back to work after the rest period, but finds them sluggish. "We folliw the darkmantles first. I will lead until Krixle or another is fit to scout." He walks down the corridor where the darkmantles had fled, armor clinking, tower shield raised, and morningstar in hand.

He focuses for a moment, and takes semi-conscious control over his major bodily functions, readying his muscles to absorb impact and his blood to flow around cuts instead of through them. He expects another fight sometime soon. The air hums around him for a moment and his body is covered in ephemeral slime for a few seconds.

[sblock=ooc]Manifesting Biofeedback for 5 minutes of DR 2/-, at the cost of 3 power points.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads