D&D 3E/3.5 [3.5] excellent monk/sorcerer option!

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
I forsee this being an interesting tactic for multiclass sorcerer monks in the future.

Start off as a 1st level sorcerer with Cha 11. Survive until 2nd level :) Your spells are enlarge person and probably mage armour. Your feat is Combat Reflexes.

At 2nd level you become a Monk. Now, when you want to get into your big :) fights, you enlarge person yourself and suddenly your unarmed damage jumps up, you gain 10ft reach and your combat reflexes mean you can get lots of AoO on people.

As the monk reaches higher levels, his free improved trip or improved disarm can also be beneficially used at reach.

Cheers

DM_Matt

First Post
Plane Sailing said:
I forsee this being an interesting tactic for multiclass sorcerer monks in the future.

Start off as a 1st level sorcerer with Cha 11. Survive until 2nd level :) Your spells are enlarge person and probably mage armour. Your feat is Combat Reflexes.

At 2nd level you become a Monk. Now, when you want to get into your big :) fights, you enlarge person yourself and suddenly your unarmed damage jumps up, you gain 10ft reach and your combat reflexes mean you can get lots of AoO on people.

As the monk reaches higher levels, his free improved trip or improved disarm can also be beneficially used at reach.

Cheers

You COULD do that. But then again, that one level is far better spent on the ECL +1 Half-Orge, which gives you permanent 10' reach, permanent large size, +6 str, +2 Con, (but -2 int, dex, and cha (but NOT WIS)), low-light vision, and giant type (immune to most common low-level enchantments), +4 natural armor always.

Thus, you have the size permanently (enlarge is not as good), and +4 nat armor always instead of +5 reg armor occasionally, and a +2 Con that quickly makes up for the lost 2.5hp.

IF its allowed in your Campaign (Its from SS), its an all-around better value.

The only thing that sorc gets you otherwise is the ability to use spell-completion items.

Plane Sailing

I've not seen SS, and allowing monsters as PC's is probably a less common activity

(and I find it hard to see how those tremendous benefits only classify for a +1 ECL. Makes the Aasimar and Tiefling look a bit sad!)

Cheers

DM_Matt

First Post
Plane Sailing said:
I've not seen SS, and allowing monsters as PC's is probably a less common activity

(and I find it hard to see how those tremendous benefits only classify for a +1 ECL. Makes the Aasimar and Tiefling look a bit sad!)

Cheers

I never said it was balanced, only more powerful. :D

Fenes 2

First Post
But you will be a half-ogre - oversized and ugly. I don't know any player in my groups who would play a half-ogre, no matter the stats.

pingpong

First Post
didnt 3.0 Enlarge get changed to 3.5 Enlarge Person? if thats the conversion, i think Enlarge Person is 4th level now.

Plane Sailing

pingpong said:
didnt 3.0 Enlarge get changed to 3.5 Enlarge Person? if thats the conversion, i think Enlarge Person is 4th level now.

3.0 Enlarge did get changed to 3.5 Enlarge Person, but it is still a 1st level spell (along with Reduce Person)

Remove ads