3.5 Fans - Wassup!?!?!

Drowbane

First Post
I'm currently running Shackled City (3.5 + house rules). I don't have enough of AoW to run... :/

I intend to absorb some rules from Pathfinder into my houserules.

pawsplay

Hero
We're tying up a three year long campaign set in my own fantasy world, with the plot mostly ripped from Final Fantasy I. PCs are level 16.

Pathfinder... I don't know. It reminds me of a Mongoose style powering up to some extent, which is fine, but not my cup of tea. And it's incorporating some 4e-isms, which is the last thing I want from a revised 3e-based game.

Recently, I bought nearly the entire Scarred Lands line for about $11 each used from Half Price.

Currently writing my own 3e-based mashup.

DM_Jeff

Explorer
I'm almost exactly halfway through running "Curse of the Crimson Throne" for my players. And while at first I thought we'd be cherry-picking from the Pathfinder RPG, the changes are more transparent than we first throught, and so will no doubt embarce it fully going forward.

-DM Jeff

awayfarer

First Post
My online group is playing through the Savage Tide AP right now. Not sure waht we'll be doing afterwards, but we still have a long ways to go before we decide that.

My S/O has bought a few of the 4E books. I'm not against 4E, but I don't really feel any pressing need to move to a new system. That and we have a ton of 3E and 3.5 books.

Remathilis

Legend
Returning to 3.5 after a mostly failed run at 4e (I liked it, most of my players didn't).

No thanks to Pathfinder. For every good idea they add, they add 10 layers of complex for no good reason (Rage points, I mean you.)

blargney the second

blargney the minute's son
I'm still running my Savage Tide in Eberron campaign. We're about 2-3 sessions from wrapping up the AP with Tides of Dread and then following up on other plot hooks.

Lately I've also played a number of Pathfinder Society games using the 3.5 core rules, which have been quite a lot of fun.
-blarg

Hussar

Legend
As Awayfarer said, we're only two modules into the Savage Tide AP. Pure 3.5. I think I'll likely vote to go 4e when STAP wraps up, but, we'll see.

I had gotten to the point long before 4e was announced that I wasn't going to buy a whole lot more books. Only if something REALLY looked like it would help me at the table and that's about it.

My thought is going Scarred Lands with 4e in about 2 years. :)

Grand_Director

Explorer
I'm running Rise of the Rune Lords 3.5 rights now; my players are about tenth level and we are into book four. We like the world and plan on running Crimson Throne as a 4E game with a bit of work from me. We really like 4th edition and are excited to start playing but at the same time we are giving the system time to expand out to PHB 2. The Pathfinder mods are well written to the extent that I feel I can keep the core of the story during the transition.

Actually, as a DM, I'm looking forward to converting the 3.5 adventure path to 4E. I won't be beholden to the mechanics of the written adventure and I can substitute monsters at my whim (probably based on what minis I have). It also frees me from longer "dungeon crawls" as I can convert to a set number of encounters.

So this campaign is our 3.5 swan song. We love 3.5 but during every game someone points out what a pain the rules are and compares it to 4E.

Greg K

Legend
I'm currently running an M&M campaign which is actually on hold for the next two weeks while I finish up classes in Final Cut Pro and Cisco Networking Level 1.

In January or February, I'll be running a 3.25 homebrew using 3.0 Core books, some material from the 3.5 srd, Unearthed Arcana, some WOTC monster books and several third party supplements.

With regards to Pathfinder, I don't particularly care for the direction or most of the changes. However, there are a couple of things that I might borrow including the alternative to XP costs for casting certain spells.

Finally as for my bargins (excluding M&M Superlink. d20Modern and shipping costs):
Print:
- Cavalier's Handbook (Green Ronin) x5: $2 (1 for myself and the other 4 as gifts)
- Shaman's Handbook (Green Ronin)x4: $2 each as gifts
- Witch's Handbook (Green Ronin)x4: $2 each as gifts
- Unholy Warrior's Handbook (Green Ronin): $2
- Book of the Righteous (Green Ronin): $5
- Armies of the Abyss (Green Ronin): $2
- Legions of Hell (Green Ronin): $2
- Eternal Rome (Green Ronin): $2
- Advanced Beastiary (Green Ronin): $12
- Book of Templates Revised, Deluxe (Silverthorne/Goodman Games) $8
- Noble Steeds (Avalanche) $1.99
- Iconic Bestiary (Lion's Den/Ronin Arts): $3.99

Pdf