• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 3.5 Gnomes favor the BARD! What the hell?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordAO

First Post
I was just on the Wizard sight and they posted the revised, 3.5 edition Gnome. It is mostly the same save for weapon familiarity (Gnome Hooked Hammer), +1 DC on Illusion spells, and favored Class: Bard.

Bard?!!

What the hell?!

Can this be true?

Has Wizards of the coast completely lost its sanity?

Olive

Explorer
makes sense to me really... but maybe thats because i don't care! I've never seen a bard played in any campaign ever.

kreynolds said:

I have. They always get their butts kicked in a fight and they never know how to supplement the party.

I, on the other hand, have seen very effective Bards that happen to be the only party members not to die. :) Haven't seen any Gnome Bards though, but I can't wait to see them. Seems like a good fit to me. :D

theoremtank

First Post
So the gnome's favored class is now the bard.

I like it.

This change along with the bard's ability to cast in armor further promotes this class. Furthermore, there needed to be more of a spread of favored classes among the core races. The illusionist seemed too specific. Bard is a general core class.

It does not take too much hard thinking to convince yourself the stereotypical gnome is a bard. Gnome's are clever, tricky, wide-travelled, often integrated into multi-racial societies...the bard class does certainly promotes these notions.

I will be playing a gnome bard.

theoremtank

First Post
kreynolds said:

I have. They always get their butts kicked in a fight and they never know how to supplement the party.

I felt the same way when I first played a bard. I felt my spells where highly ineffective. I could not fight in combat, but that could be because I rolled an 8 for strength. No armor meant that I did not want to fight in melee combat unless I had to. All I could do was sit behind the front line and sing to my companions so that they got their almighty +1 to hit.

I really hope the 3.5e bard becomes more useful.

tecnodemon

First Post
I can see this work.

Bards are now the Diplomats of D&D now, gaining more class features and spells to deal with crowds and the public per-say.

with Gnomes be the tiinkers in sopme ways, Bards are the rogue/spellcaster hybrid class that have certain skill that deal towards item creations.

Murrdox

First Post
Re: Re: 3.5 Gnomes favor the BARD! What the hell?!

kreynolds said:

Sure. Why not.

(I'm such a stinker :D)

You really are. Why do you even bother posting anyways. You know everyone hates you around here.

:D

You know, if YOU can't play a Gnome Bard, that's your own fault, and you just probably suck at D&D and just don't know how to roleplay and just well I don't know have a sister with three heads and live in West Virginia.

(Okay, sorry about the quip about West Virginia... but I did have a very very nuts ex-girlfriend originally from there.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads