[3.5] [IC] Hall of the Dwarven Lord

Leif

Adventurer
Rayverim "Ray" Thanderghast, Human Fighter2, AC17, hp16, GrtAxe+6, 1-12+2 dam, X3crit

OOC: WD, since we're 2nd level, have we fought hobs before? I'm assuming Ray is somewhat familiar with them, ok?

IC: "Your generosity lives up do the greatest legends that I have heard! Truly, we could ask for no more. From my admittedly limited experience, it is not only hobgoblins who can see in the dark. In fact, it would point to hobgoblins more if the attack had occurred during the day time, because many of those creatures of the night must limit their activities to the hours of darkness. But hobgoblins have the strength and fortutude to prowl the earth under sunlight. But tell me more about these tall ones, please? If my axe cannot reach their heads, then I will have to hew them down like a hideous, gnarled old tree."

Walking Dad

First Post
[sblock=Selc]The bigger creature was smaller than an ogre, but larger than a human (still medium) and nearly as broed as tall.[/sblock]

"Shall we clear the barrica'e' 'oor for you?", the dwarf with the broken teeth asks.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
"The taller ones were being real thick, broad in the chest. Nearly as wide as they were tall I'd say, but still only as big as menfolk. Probably all muscle, real brutes 'less I miss my guess. We'll be finding out right quick. Let's be taking the battle to them then! Come on lads, let's clear that door!"
Baldor moves to help the two guards begin removing the wood and stone that forms their makeshift barricade.

Leif

Adventurer
Rayverim "Ray" Thanderghast, Human Fighter2, AC17, hp16, GrtAxe+6, 1-12+2 dam, X3crit

[sblock=Leader]While I generally disagree with the 4e designation of some characters, namely clerics, as "leaders," (even though 4e books state further that they did not mean that other characters can't be leaders, too) I think that in this case, our Dwarven cleric is uniquely well-suited to lead this party. Just my opinion, though....[/sblock]

Ray jumps right in and helps clear rubble, too, working as hard and as quickly as he can, and not even stopping for a deep breath until the work is completed.

As he works, he says to Baldor, "Were they some kind of Big Orc, or something?"

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
The other dawarves stay behind and barricade the entrance again. As you enter the hallway, you get a significant feeling that something is amiss. You take a look at the map the one guard gave you and plan how to proceed.

ooc: What light source do you use?
Where do you want to move next?
- For further information about the rooms as far as Baldor knews, just ask.

BTW: Green are doors you have passed and are open to you. Red is closed for now.

@Selc: You know no further informations about the enemies.

http://www.enworld.org/forum/attach...6d1229704729-3-5-ic-hall-dwarven-lord-map.xls

Leif

Adventurer

Ray has a sunrod that he will hand to Darvin. "Carry that for us, would you cuz? My hands are full of Big Axe. And, hey, Baldor, what is that 'magial well' marked on the map?"

OOC: Where do we enter the map and what is the scale? And there aren't any green doors on the map yet, are there?

Walking Dad

First Post
ooc: The well has some healing powers, but Baldor doesn't know more, as it is forbidden to use it only in dire circunstances.

1 Square = 5 ft.

No green doors yet. The dwarves closed the ones behind you.

You just left the up-left room into the hallway.

Leif

Adventurer

OOC: Oh! I guess you mean that we're in the room called the "Entrance!" Duhhhh! :-S

IC: "Obvious places to look are the Lord's Chamber and the Lord's Dining Hall. Since we're very close to those, shall we start there?"

OOC: If there is a general agreement, then Ray will begin by opening the door in F8.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
"Aye, let's make for the throne room. With Moradin's blessing we might take some of them by surprise.

As for any prisoners, I would assume they would put them somewhere easily defensible. Living Quarters or perhaps near the barracks or forge. If'n we can be taking one of them alive I will be sure to ask politely."
Baldor says as he tightens his grip on his mace.

Spells Prepared:
[SBLOCK]
0 Level
Create Water, Detect Magic, Detect Magic, Detect Poison
1st Level
Command, Remove Fear, Shield of Faith. Domain - Protection from Evil
[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads