D&D 3E/3.5 [3.5] Lesser Restoration nullifies need for sleep!

Anabstercorian

First Post
According to the 3.5 PHB, Lesser Restoration will now allieve Fatigue and convert Exhaustion to Fatigue.

This is probably for the Waves of Exhaustion/Fatigue spells, but an interesting side effect of this is that clerics, for the cost of 2 2nd level spells a night, can live without sleep for a very long time.

Is there any game reason why this shouldn't work, or does this boil down to DM fiat?

hong

WotC's bitch
Well, with just two more levels they'll also be able to go without food and water for a very long time, so I don't think it's such a major thing.

the Jester

Legend
Hmm, shades of the ol' 2e Nap spell (one hour is enough sleep)- it's in my Time domain as a second level spell, I guess I'll have to tweak it less than I thought.

Darklone

Wow. I am more interested in the application of the spell during a combat ... If the barbarians rage ended, the cleric can relieve his fatigue??? Cool!

Anabstercorian

First Post
Crown of Wakefulness

This mithril crown is dotten with tiny sapphires. Anyone wearing it is immune to Fatigue and Exhaustion, and has no need of sleep.

Moderate Conjuration; Caster Level: 7th; Prerequisites: Restoration, Craft Wondrous Items

FreeTheSlaves

Adventurer
While lesser restoration can do this, I'd think that not having a decent nights sleep would not allow spell memorization?

Could be wrong there...

Anyway there would ba no reason that the well rested cleric couldn't cast that on the tanks.

smetzger

Explorer
Interesting.

Also, note that if a Cleric casts a spell during the night then it counts against his next days total (assuming down prep time). This only applied to Arcane casters in 3.0.

So, although he won't need to sleep. He will still need 8hrs of 'no spell casting' in order to regain his full acoutrement of spell slots.

Remove ads