[3.5] - Nightmares of a Sleeping God

Myth and Legend

First Post
Is any of this directed at me? I got a little lost on your train of thought there, heh.
Yes :) Specifically:

Me said:
I have the same trouble with Incarnum and Psionics - not that they are overpowered, no. Their fluff is great. But it's simply two books and two different sets of rules for me to learn on top of all the regular 3.5 stuff I know, and ToB as well.
Which is basically me agreeing with you.

and

Me said:
That's the thing I wanted to ask, how self sufficient do we have to be? Will we be able to spend gold on learning spells/getting consumables/buying items?

What WBL do you intend to keep? Also regarding Cleric, what is your take on Divine Metamagic?
Which are the actual questions.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!

HM: Roleplay instead of Roll Play right? :p

Every minute of the day ML ;)

I am wondering about the history myself. I wanted to play a dwarf who remembers the good times before the bad started. Since he would be first level, he would probably be a merchant who has fallen on hard times and sees adventuring as a way out. Although he will hate it. And perhaps he will have a friend who disappeared recently to add to his reasons for exploring the mysterious church.

Going to go fighter heavy in the AC/HP area.

Anyone want to be an acquaintance of the dour general store owner who has finally closed up shop?

HM

CWBush

First Post
That's the thing I wanted to ask, how self sufficient do we have to be? Will we be able to spend gold on learning spells/getting consumables/buying items?

Yes, you'll have opportunities to do all of the above. Given how far you are from civilization, paying to learn spells might be a tad difficult. You'll have more luck on that front picking things up in the church.

What WBL do you intend to keep? Also regarding Cleric, what is your take on Divine Metamagic?

I'd say we're looking at slightly higher than the standard as far as WBL goes. As for the cleric, it's not one I've had a lot of in game experience with but I've read a lot of discussion on it. I'm reluctant to allow it due to the issues with persistent spell, but I'll allow it with the caveat that if it becomes a game issue - I might have to take said player aside and work out a way to stop it from unbalancing things. Or I'll just drop a dragon on them <_<

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Hydra works good too.

I have most of my crunch and background figured out. Am going typical dwarf so demeanor is set. How about a RG so characters aren't scattered throughout this thread?

And I have a pic...

43136.jpg

HM

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
So a Flaw for Dorn (besides being a terrible merchant) I will have to give them a look over see if anything pops out at me.

HM

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Right posted Florian up in RG. He should complement Dorn very well, bardic music will make them both hit a little harder and he can hide behind the dwarven meat shield when his pitiful d6 hit die begins to tell. He has a fair AC of 17 and more importantly DR 2/Cold Iron which ought to give him some survivability at low levels.

Sources used outside of Core:
Extra Music feat: Complete Adventurer, 4 extra uses of bardic music per day.
Fey Heritage and Fey Skin feats: Complete Mage, +3 to saves vs. enchantments and DR 2/Cold Iron.
Healing Hymn ability: Complete Champion, replaces fascinate, gives bonus to healing spells and allows you to treat normal nights sleep as 24 hours rest, etc.

Remove ads