[3.5] - Nightmares of a Sleeping God

CWBush

First Post
Fantastic. We've got a good mix thus far. We just need 1-2 more people and we can start playing. Might be a tad difficult with just three players.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
ML will be about you need only wait, and it will be worth it.

Maybe til then we should discuss background/how players met or any other tidbits pre-game.

HM

Myth and Legend

First Post
I posted the Druid but I'm at work and there are things to finish up - spell selection, items and gp left and background. All are easy and I'll do them tomorrow.

Also, It seems we have another Divine caster (cleric) but no arcane caster? If so that would be bad. I might have to roll yet another wizard (sigh)... Will you allow Abrupt Jaunt ACF from PHBII?

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
I say play what you want to play, we don't need an arcane caster- we already have a rather half hearted one in my bard anyway.

On another note though please don't take Ashbound, the flavor of the feat is clear you hate arcane casters meaning, to my mind, you can't really reasonably be in a party with one. A lot of people take it because its a seriously overpowered feat but it comes with serious RP restrictions which make it unsuitable for most characters imo. Certainly in a party with an arcanist - who is me! And who is quite flamboyant about it, it will cause alot of problems.

The Ashbound are a fanatical sect who consider both arcane and divine - assume this excludes druidic magic - to be unnatural. The feat even contains the text, "You consider the use of arcane magic to be a vile and unnatural act." Every description of the Ashbound calls them fanatics, or dangerous fanatics.

I've always thought it was a poorly designed feat as they seem to have taken the excuse of an RP restriction to make it more powerful than other comparable feats by a considerable margin.

Zerith

First Post
is this, Diablo 1 meats DnD? o_O
:D

Any ways, I'm a, complete, DnD Newbie, (Yesh, fear teh newbieness!!! XD)

That said, I'm a exerianced RPer(with the worst grammer you've ever seen without spell check....) who loaths Chracter bending, and I'm thinking of coming in with a CN Tiefling with a blood line (demon, major) and growing into an incressing number of Demonic heritage feats(also wondering if constome feats are usable, accepting all are ran by you first for a stamp of approval) The character would be made as a kinda sneaky brawler (and do to Tieflings being ECL +1, the character would needless to say start out level 0)

And I know you said give you a good reason to to allow a Chaotic(or evil) character, and I was thinking of a young Locale who has just hit adulthood resently and is seaking fame and the like (shoving scorn suffered during childhood by 'single handily' vanquishing whatever has been plaguing the area and then shoving the fact into the face of the entire (surviving) populace, individually, is just a bonus, that he would plan on doing at any connivance.

Any ways, primer rule of the character, party wise, strong melee tank/dps (Note; would start out leaning towards dps as the starting class will be rogue)

(Edit: Whoops, forgot to give his reason for Co-oping with the party: one, highly inexperienced at adventuring, and he is, will be, more then smart enough to know so. also, being seen as a Tiefling at a glance, it would not be very wise of him [even with his limited wisdom] to go wondering about by himself in a ream besieged by what amounts to a demonic curse when the area he is known as "not a demon that needs to be killed on sight" is very contained)

So:
Ya?:D
Nay? :-S

Last edited:

CWBush

First Post
So, I've just managed to get my hands on a copy of Rappan Athuk Reloaded (the real deal, not a pdf - very excited) and was wondering what the consensus would be on running that in place of this?

I'd obviously set up a new sign up thread, but any of you would get first dibs on giving it a go since you signed up here.

Thoughts?

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
I suppose so - the name certainly rings a bell, but I don't know anything about it, which is a good thing - my main issue would be getting started as quickly as possible to be honest.

Last edited:

CWBush

First Post
Well, the plus side it is that it's ready made and good to go. The downside is that you'd need to level your character up with level four.

Remove ads