• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 3.5 Only Smackdown

Saeviomagy

Adventurer
Hypersmurf said:
Rods
Metamagic, Enlarge, lesser
Metamagic, Quicken, greater

-Hyp.

Interesting. Do you reckon they didn't want full-plate encased wizards running around using rods to ignore ASF?

But rhino-hide armour DOES exist.

Kodam

First Post
Hi!

Antoine said:
Humble contribution :
With 5 ranks in tumble, wouldn't the little master get +3 dodge from fighting defensively ?
AC 62 !

Right! :eek: I knew I missed something...

Ok, AC 63 anyone? :)

Rhino Hide is in the SRD by now.

Kodam

Last edited:

jabberwocky

First Post
Another AC exercise

Dwarf Fighter 4/Ranger 6/Dwarven Defender 10
AC 90
Base 10
+ 19 Natural Armor (polymorphed into Planetar)
- 1 size
+ 8 Celestial Armor
+ 8 Dex (19base +6 gloves of dex + 1 inherent)
+ 5 enhancement to natural armor (amulet)
+ 5 deflection (ring of protection)
+ 1 insight (dusty rose ioun stone)
+ 1 dodge from haste (boots of speed)
+ 4 dodge from dwarven defender class feature
+ 4 dodge from defensive stance
+ 1 Dodge feat
+ 5 Combat expertise
+ 3 fighting defensively (with 5 ranks in tumble)
+ 7 Large Shield +5
+ 5 Defending Large Shield +5
+ 5 Defending Dwarven Waraxe + 5
Touch : 51
Flat footed: 71 (assuming feats and defending properties inactive)

And that's with about 400,000 gp worth of equipment. Using the extra 300,000, you could get customized +5 insight, a +5 luck, and +5 sacred AC boosting magic items for 62,500 each to boost the AC over 100.

Marimmar

First Post
Rogue Smack

Type: 200+ damage in round 1

Nude Halfling Rogue 16

Dex 24 (18 base +2 racial bonus +4 levels)
Wis 13

Feats:
Weapon Finesse, Weapon Focus (Unarmed Strike), Two-Weapon Fighting, Improved Two-Weapon Fighting, Improved Unarmed Strike, Improved Initiative

Special Abilities:
10th - Crippling Strike
13th - Feat: Stunning Fist
16th - Feat: Greater Two-Weapon Fighting

Weapons: none

Full-Attack: +19/+19/+14/+14/+9/+9 = +12 BAB -2 TWF +1 WF +7 Fin +1 Size

Suprise Round:
- Charge the Enemy at +23 for 1d2+8d6 +2 Str damage + Stunning Fist (Ave. 29 dmg +2 temp. Str. damage + Fort DC19 (minimum) to avoid Stun)

Round 1:
- Win initiative with your +11 initiative bonus
- Full attack for 6x 1d2+8d6 +2 Str dmg + additional Stunning Fists until they run out or the enemy is stunned = 177 points of damage and a loss of 12 points of strength and another 3 Fort DC19 saves (assuming all attacks hit)

This totals for 206 hp and 14 Str damage. *Smack*

Well I know that a +14 and +9 attack at level 16 won't hit very often but OTOH is this guy designed without any equipment/magic all so the improvements are rather simple to add (like perhaps a luckstone, gloves of Dex +6, manual +4 for a +17 initiative and further +5 to hit or amulets of mighty fists)

But honestly, who would expect a nude halfling to deal out that much damage? :)

~Marimmar

Edit: Typo

Last edited:

Spatzimaus

First Post
jabberwocky said:
Another AC exercise

+ 19 Natural Armor (polymorphed into Planetar)

How exactly are you polymorphing into an Outsider? Unless you're an Outsider yourself, it'd take Shapechange, which is self-only. Or did I miss something?

jabberwocky

First Post
Spatzimaus said:
How exactly are you polymorphing into an Outsider? Unless you're an Outsider yourself, it'd take Shapechange, which is self-only. Or did I miss something?

Sorry, that should be Polymorph any object, which your 20th level wizard friend cast on you. :)

FrankTrollman

First Post
Spatzimaus said:
Probably using Polymorph Any Object - which allows you to turn a creature or object into any creature regardless of type, hit dice, or size (up to Colossal).

Although the question remains: why be a Planetar when the same spell will allow you to become a Solar? Or for that matter, a Colossal Dragon.

-Frank

jabberwocky

First Post
FrankTrollman said:
Although the question remains: why be a Planetar when the same spell will allow you to become a Solar? Or for that matter, a Colossal Dragon.

-Frank

Because I've always read Polymorph any Object as retaining the 15HD limit that Polymorph has on it. If that isn't the case, solar shape will get you an additional +2 AC. Great Wyrm Bronze Dragon gives you the best natural armor/size ratio of the various dragon types, +14 more AC than the solar, but you lose out on 30 points of AC from Armor/shield/dexterity/defending weapon.

FrankTrollman

First Post
Polymorph Any Object rather explicitlyy doesn't have any other hit die limits from Polymorph. Shrew -> Manticore and all that. I don't know why it would have the 15 hit die limit - nor can I think of any Colossal creatures under 15 hit dice for your to turn into, making the size thingy rather meaningless if it had a 15 hit die limit.

-Frank

jabberwocky

First Post
FrankTrollman said:
Polymorph Any Object rather explicitlyy doesn't have any other hit die limits from Polymorph. Shrew -> Manticore and all that.
-Frank

Right, I had missed the bit in Polymorph where it mentions the subjects HD as a possible lower limit - I'd always thought of the HD limit being based purely off of caster level, which would allow changes like the Shrew-Manticore. So, is there any armor/weapon using creature out there with better Dex/natural armor/size AC modifiers than the Solar?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads